1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horrible sounds from my ps2

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by smackfrog, Feb 14, 2005.

1. smackfrog

smackfrog Member

I have a fliptop and was recently having trouble playing a couple of games that I just backed up (Splinter Cell PAndora Tomorrow and Def Jam Fight for NY). Whenever I use the Swap Magic Cd it makes alot of noise and always has, but with the Swap Magic DVD it never makes much noise and loads alot quicker. Anyway, the Swap Cd was not loading up, it just kept going to a black screen after makin a lil bit of noise, and so I would restart my ps2 and try it again and it would work. Well, now my ps2 is not loading anything, it just makes a sound like a motory grindin sound over and over, like it is just making short lil turns. I suspect that it could be something with my magnet maybe and I am going to buy another washer to put in there, but if anyone else has any suggestion or comments it would be appreciated.

2. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

I have that problem sometimes when I'm loading my "it might be nes" CD. It just grinds a while then stops. Sometimes I have to try loading it a couple times before it works. Try it a few times and do a special boot by pressing "square" to load it too. Hope that helps.

3. smackfrog

smackfrog Member

Well for anyone that may read this, I figured it out that it was my magnet not holding the disk on properly, i kinda ghetto rigged it by adding another washer to hold better and then some tape b/c somehow the magnet was not staying inside the little white disc.

4. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

I'm glad you were able to figure it out.

5. bucs2002

bucs2002 Member

i too am hearing horrible sounds from my PS2 v4 with a fliptop. i'll have to try the washer 'ghetto fix' :D

so you just taped the washer to the white plastic piece then?

my fliptop, when i got it recently, was REALLY warped (and still is!) but i have to put a small book or my wife's digital camera on it to weight it down. this is kinda ridiculous but i am open to suggestions of any sort to help cure the nasty sounds coming from the drive.

6. smackfrog

smackfrog Member

ya, well in the white disc there are is a washer and another lil metal disc magnet. Somehow I have lost the metal disc magnet, so I went to walmart and got some steel washers and put one in with the original washer and then used a little bit of tape to make sure that they stay inside of the white disc and don't slip out. I still hear some noise, but not as much and my original games are once again loading. And if anyone knows how to get Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow to load up then let me know, I get to the O in pandora and that's it, freezes up.