1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hot Shots Golf 4..

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jborlace, Mar 26, 2005.

1. jborlace

jborlace Member

I tried a search but didn't find anything.I can't get my backup to boot.I tied the cd loader but half the time it doesn't work right.I tried the DVD Loader but it is kinda old,like the first one to come out.Is there a newer one out now?I put in the DVD swap disk and it boots fine,then I put in the DVD Loader and it tells me to swap with the TOC disk.I press eject and put in either GT4 or MTG sons of liberty and eject again to close the tray.When I close the tray it says Refresh TOC then it says to put in backup.I put in the backup with MTG and press x I just get a red screen,when I put in GT4 it goes back to the screen where you see your memory card(I think it is the browser) and then it tells me to put in a PS2 cd.Neither works.What am I doing wrong?

2. syzable

syzable Guest

I'd say it's either a bad burn or a bad image you have as Hot Shots needs no special procedures to boot with swap magic.

3. jborlace

jborlace Member

I finally got my cd swap magic to work with my cd loader and it worked great.I just can't get it to work with the DVD Loader.I put the DVD Swap disk in and use slide tool to put in DVD Loader and I read that I need to press X and select 5v3pin or something like that but when I press X it just goes to a red screen.

4. kfunk

kfunk Member

I dont know if this helps or not but I couldn't boot straight up using SM 2.0 so I used DVD Loader along w/ SM 2.0 and it loads fine.

5. jborlace

jborlace Member

Can anyone post the steps to play this game with the DVD Loader.I can't remember how to do it.I lost my slide tool so I haven't played any of my backups in a while...

6. syzable

syzable Guest

Full step by step guide on www.swapmagicfix.com

7. jborlace

jborlace Member

I start by loading the DVD swap disk and then use the slide tool to load the DVD Loader and it loads fine.I was told to press X here to go to the options to select the 5v3pn option but when I push X it just goes to a red screen.Is there a newer DVD Loader that I need to use.I can play the game with the cd loader but almost everytime I put in the swap cd and then use slide tool to put in the cd loader the disk spins real fast and I get a blue and pink line on each side.When the cd loader boots right the game plays fine.What makes the cd loader do this sometimes?