1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hot swap original xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by gam3r21, Jan 31, 2011.

1. gam3r21

gam3r21 Regular member

Hey guys, I have 2 xboxs that a friend gave me. I only have a power cord and don't know if they worker not. They turn on and the DVD tray opens, so I'm assuming that I can turn it on and let it sit for a minute then swap the xbox ide cable with my computers then format the drive to use with my computer.

Is this the correct way to hot swap? Any suggestions?

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

no.. you NEED the video lead as well.. don't bother doing anything until you get one and can see what they are doing first... and as for the 10 gig drives? .. they are max security locked to the xbox motherboard.. so thats a non starter as well.. hahahahaha

3. gam3r21

gam3r21 Regular member

They are both Seagate 20gig drives. One has a rubber jacket, and the other is thin compared to other IDE hard drives.

The one with the rubber jacket, I dont have the original mobo.

And the other one I have the mobo and everything else except for the video out cable. When I turn it on the ring flashes yellow indicating that I dont have a video out cable pluged in.

I saw somewhere that they have master passwords like "Seagate (then 25 spaces)", or something like that.

i think that he said that they didnt work so they probably have errors of some sort.

So, can I do anything with them, or are the as good as trash?