1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hot Swapping

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by mardos, Dec 15, 2003.

1. mardos

mardos Guest

i have a v1.1 xbox with a bad bios on it and the only way to fix it is with a programmer but i was told that you can use another xbox with a chip installed and while his xbox is on take out his chip and put my chip in it and go to evox or avalanch and flash bios which it will flash my chip and after thats done i take out my chip and put his back and mine will work is this true or not

2. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Yes, it will work. Easiest it you either installed with Pin Headers or a solderless adapter.

RustyDog

3. mardos

mardos Guest

is there a guide to do it by any chance ?

4. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

On a HotSawp. I look in the bios folder on my working Xbox and it has 2 evox bios(ejectfix and something else) I want to hotswap and put cromwell back on one chip(named bios.bin). Would it be bad to put bios.bin file in my bios folder on my xbox harddrive?

5. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

As far as I know, reading what others have done, it wouldnt hurt it at all......But im not sure so maybe get a bit more info

6. mardos

mardos Guest

basically all i do is switch it and go to evox dashboard and then go to flash bios and i flash it with the latest bios rite??