1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

House of Flying Daggers

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by beenthere, Apr 19, 2005.

1. beenthere

beenthere Member

I tried using DVD Shrink 3.2 on House of Flying Daggers but it didn't even start the analyze phaze. It's a brand new disk, i.e., no scratches, smudges or marks. Any words of wisdom?

2. crozzman

crozzman Regular member

Are you getting any type of error msg. at all? What problem is it having. Here is a thread that just started in regards to this movie, maybe it will solve your problem. If not, give more information as to the problem you're having and we'll have a go at it.
    Keep in mind that just because it's a new disc doesn't mean that you won't have issues. There are many discs that receive a bad press and just can't be copied, for those, you need to return for another.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/181858

3. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

Just ripped House of Flying Daggers which has the new protection scheme on it. Shrink won't cut it.. Use the latest version of DVD Decrypter and it will cut thru it like hot butter....

4. tgmax

tgmax Guest

I had the same problem with this movie.I got it copied by first playing with PowerDVD and while its playing I opened the DVD Decriptor program and decripted while the movie was playing (File Mode).After I started decripting I Paused the movie on PowerDVD and let it finish copying the files.If you dont pause the movie it will take forever to copy the dvd.Then I ripped it with Shrink without a problem.Hope this helps.

5. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@tgmax
    There is no need to have PowerDVD running while using DVD Decrypter. The new version of Decrypter should have no problem with this movie. It is not a wise idea to have other programs running while decrypting/burning as your cpu is using most of its power to run these apps :)

6. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

right on arniebear. Decrypter is a most(it seems)for this movie. i did it and work just fine. here it is again people: decrypter( file mode) to hard drive/shrink to compress and nero to burn or recode2 to compress and burn. it won't fail.

C you

7. jamacaboi

jamacaboi Regular member

I also ripped with DVD Decrypter. However, it did take about 40 min. Normally only takes 20-25 to rip. But it still worked just fine.

8. Raven2005

Raven2005 Guest

I ripped with Shrink running anydvd in the background in 9 minutes, no probs with this title.

9. DjRaise

DjRaise Regular member

YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME! (GUYS in general, I mean)

No one believes in updates? Get the LATEST versions of AnyDVD and so on. You can Git Er Done.

I like shrink, but I usually use gamejack or CloneCD.

Gamejack is my fav for all. It has the cloney plugin and stuff

10. stevieg

stevieg Member

Here's a good one....My rental copy of House of Flying Daggers froze at about 62 minutes on my Sony ns725p player (Sony film, no less)......I had to rip and burn with Decryptor and shrink to even watch the damn thing.

I was told by Sony that my 2 year old player is not going to play new movies, and they would be glad to exchange it for $133.