1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW 2 BACKUP A BACKUPED DVD WITH DVDxCOPY???

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by kurtiz, Feb 17, 2003.

1. kurtiz

kurtiz Guest

For example..i burn a movie..let's say; Spy Game..i'l make a perfect clone but i can't make a backup of the movie but when i want to copy the clone i find out that it doens't work because you need the original DVD..Is there a way i can clone a DVD with everything on it..like subtitles and Dolby Digital, menu's etc???

Greetz, M

2. S10Surfer

S10Surfer Member

DVDXCOPY will not do it. But if you want to back up a back up just put it into Nero and copy dvd. It will make a back up. I Rip and copy a DVD with DVDXCOPY and then make other copies with Nero.

3. memcco

memcco Regular member

i did the samt thing once that s10surfer did. used nero to do a dvd copy...worked perfectly....just to see if it would! mike

4. kurtiz

kurtiz Guest

It does work with a DVD+RW..but not with a DVD+R..I havn't the slightest idea why, i've got the latest firmware for my writer..use good quality DVD+R's, i want to copy the whole movie with everything on it..so i use DVDXCopy what works great..i've copied every DVD i've got on a DVD+RW but if i want to copy it to a DVD+R i'l get an error..

POWER CALIBRATION ERROR or something like that..please help me..i'm getting desperate..

5. kodell

kodell Guest

I found the way :)

When DVDxCOPY has finished copying the DVD(BEFORE you burn it) (disc 1 OR 2) go into the temp directory that you use for it, and copy over ALL the VIDEO_TS files with one's from SmartRipper and delete that *.txt file that in the directory above it. Then run the burn.

There you have it, you get rid of that screen that says that it's a backup, are able to copy it again AND you get that cool screen at the end of disc 1 that says "Insert Disc 2".

6. Paratwa

Paratwa Guest

Use latest version of Nero, it worked flawlessly for me. You can copy DVD-R to DVD-R notwithstanding the method used (i.e. DVDXCOPY) to produce the 1st copy.