1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW ACTIVATE PSP SYSTEM

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Nellyp, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Nellyp

Nellyp Guest

I DOWNLOAD A PSX GAME AND PUT IT ON THE PSP AND IS GET A MESSAGE SAYIN THAT. TO USE THIS CONTENT YOU MUST ACTIVATE THE SYSTEM. WAT I SHOULD DO?

2. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

get custom firmware

3. apckf

apckf Member

Custom firmware such as.............(Link here for best option)

4. apckf

apckf Member

Because i read you need a PS3! A link 2 specific "custom firmware" that works well at avoiding this message would be greatly appreciated considering im not a programmer and get lost in computer steps alot

5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@nellyp and/or apckf

What firmware are your PSP's currently on?

6. apckf

apckf Member

3.03.. not dark alex's custom.. (which im trying to get).. I guess i gotta downgrade but all the programs to downgrade back 2 1.5 suck... one program said i need GTA LCS.. this all is a pain in the @$$ and another program (The wininstaller one) says its not a Win32 Program and my norton popped up saying it was a trojan.. maybe my comp has AIDS but if you can give me and EASY route to get from 3.03 PSP firmware to Dark Alex's or whatever works to get this game working.. Help from the wise is always appreciated

7. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Well currently your firmware is not downgradeable by using just software/downgrader files. So unless you want to wait for another downgrader to come up your best option would be to buy a "unpatched" version of GTA:Liberty City Stories. The version you want is no longer sold in stores, it contains a update to version 2.00 on it. There is a flaw in the game code that allows unsigned code (a downgrader would be unsigned code) to be run on the PSP. So basically, with the firmware version you got the only option for you to downgrade now would be to buy a unpatched version of GTA:LCS. Of course you can't buy them in stores anymore so just search eBay for unpatched GTA. There are usually a few "Buy It Now" auctions.

8. apckf

apckf Member

haha well i got that game from stores when it first came out and took it to 2.0.. can i DOWNGRADE with it from 3.03? Because everytime i choose it from Battlefront 2.. and it says "The system software is version 2.03. There is no need to update" and then thats that........... and from there whats the easiest way to get downgraded to firmware 1.5 because thats what dark_alex's 3.03 custom.. (because thats what i need right? and it will ignore the activate system message? am i right?

9. apckf

apckf Member

didnt work...GTA gave me the error message "Update is 2.00 and is earlier than 3.0" No need to update. I'm stuck with stanard 3.05 firmware

10. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Oh well 3.03 is downgradable with teh version of GTA:LCS you say you have but by your last post you stated that you are at version 3.05 now. If this is true and you have upgradedto 3.05 you are out of luck, however if you are still at firmware 3.03 you can downgrade and I can help you.

11. apckf

apckf Member

oops typo... im at psp firmware 3.03 Walk me thru ninja!

12. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Okay to begin you will need some files, heres some links for them.

3.03 Downgrade Files: http://www.biaklan.com/downloads/303/303dg.zip
    1.5 Update File: http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=4

Have your battery at 75% or higher and your charger plugged in during this Guide.

1. Open the 3.03 downgrade file (303dg.zip) and copy the psp folder to the root of your memory stick. (The root of the memory stick is what is like what is shown below)
    [​IMG]

Note: Don't copy the PSP folder into the MP_ROOT folder

2)Open the 1.5 update zip and rename the EBOOT.PBP to UPDATE.PBP then copy it to /PSP/GAME/UPDATE/

Note:Make sure not to overwrite PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP

3) Load GTA LCS

4) It should get to loading save game, clear the screen, the screen should fill with a light blue color and then reset the PSP

5)After restarting check that HEN is running by going to system settings then System Information and it should show up as system version 303 HEN

6)If it is showing up as 3.03 HEN then go to the Game menu and run the x.yz update

7)Before the downgrader does anything to your PSP it will ask for you to agree to what it is doing
    If you no longer want to continue press the Right Shoulder Button (R-TRIGGER).

8)Once you have agreed to start the downgrade do not unplug the PSP

9)Once finished the PSP will ask you to press X, after pressing it will reset it self. (If it don't reset press O instead)

10)If a blue screen (BSOD) comes up saying that the settings are corrupt press X or O to continue.

Enjoy the new 1.5 PSP!!

Portions of this tutorial taken from...
    http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-hacks-9/t-guidethe-ultimate-downgrader-guide-90916.html

After you successfully downgrade let me know and I will help you out with the custom firmware.

13. apckf

apckf Member

Great walkthrough and thank you! Now can someone tell me where to get dark alex 3.03 and how to install it because the directions they gave on there said..

Get the 1.50 and 3.03 sony updates, and put them in the oeupdatemaker folder with the names
    150.PBP and 303.PBP.

Dont know how to get those.. I tried getting the wininstaller one but whenever i download it.. It registers as a trojan and says not win32 application.. If anyone can guide me or link me to the guide for me.. It would be greatly appreciated

14. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Some antiviruses may list the Winstaller as trojan or other program. And depending on were you got the Winstaller from someone could have tampered with it to include a trojan/virus. But to ease your worries here is a link to the 3.03 OE-C Winstaller and a link for the 1.5 Recovery program. Both links came right off this site, from a trusted member (hexitnow), and they Winstallers have been used by countless members.

3.03 OE-C Winstaller
    http://rapidshare.com/files/24380814/3.03_OE-C_Winstaller.exe

1.50 Recovery Winstaller
    http://fs02n3.sendspace.com/dl/6665...c17be4faf/454l5j/1.50 Recovery Winstaller.exe