1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can a h.264 1080p file be burned to a BD-RE and be compatible with BD stand alone players?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by jwerner, May 20, 2007.

1. jwerner

jwerner Member

I have a Sony Vaio laptop with BD burner. I have HD 1080p h.264 files. So, my hope was that I could take a h.264 file and convert it to whatever file format is required to burn a BD stand-alone compatible blu-ray disc. One that would likely play in most BD players. So far I've not been able to succeed in doing this. Is it possible???? Surely it is, but how and what steps are involved. Anyone?

2. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

I think so.

3. b18bek9

b18bek9 Regular member

i'd say give it some time because i dont think there are any programs to convert to BD format to burn for BD ...

4. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I believe Nero 7 added AVC (h.264) Blu-Ray authoring very recently.

5. jwerner

jwerner Member

Nothing, including Nero, has worked for me so far. Please someone help with good information regarding this...I would bet it could be done and someone out there has done so.

6. Laxington

Laxington Member

hmmm... may i ask another question by the way? would it be possible to rip a blue-ray movie with defab hd decrypter for example convert it into h.264 and then burn the mp4 file onto a bluray or dvd as data in order to watch it?

7. jwerner

jwerner Member

I recently took back a Sony BDP-301 after purchasing it because I found out it would never recognize BD-RE discs...EVER! I have a Sony laptop w/ blu-ray burner so whatever I burn on it I can't watch on my standalone Sony player. What is wrong with Sony? You'd think that losing the betamax to vhs and the walkman to the ipod would make a company care about compatibility wouldn't you?

Can anyone suggest a brand of BD player that will recognize BD-R and BD-RW discs? If there are players that do recognize these are there ways of taking H.264 files and burning them to these discs and then playing them on the standalone BD player?