1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Can dissable SATA for install the Windows XP Pro - DELL - VOSTRO 1310n

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by chamsam77, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamsam77

chamsam77 Member

How Can dissable SATA for install the Windows XP Pro - DELL - VOSTRO 1310n

I have bought a new laptop without operating system compatible with Vista and XP. It is Dell Vostro 1310. I tried to install Win XP with normal boot. Then it will go up to some steps and stopped at "setup did not find any hard disk drive in your system". My earlier HP Machine was got same problem and I have resolved it by SATA disable in BIOS. But in Bios of this machine no chance to change SATA and no option to disable SATA. Secondly I installed Vista OS to the Machine and it was completely installed and it is working properly. But my favorites is Win XP Pro, Please if some body knows the method of install XP to like this Machine, Please help me.

2. slimdawg

slimdawg Regular member

you might have more luck asking this question in the PC forum

3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

moved to a more appropriate forum

4. Gradical

Gradical Member

Basically you are out of luck with the Bios, so the solution is not to disable the sata, but making a sata capable XP disc, wich will involve you compiling you´re own Install disk.

first thing you need, is the sata driver for you laptop, which for sure you´ll be able to google it.

then you have to add this files to a new windows cd, for this you need a piece of software called nlite to add it

here let me give you a link to a web where they have the same issue with an hp dv6000 about the hard drive, its gonna require to read so beware, if your looking for a specific guide with solutions with your laptop moddel, then google to the end ot the net, and believe me, i've seen it and its all in chinesse XD

Last edited: May 19, 2008
  5. chamsam77

chamsam77 Member

Yes, I got a SP3 bootable CD (Windows XP PRO SP3 RTM (5512) VistaVG Ultimate + SATA-Raid) and now its working properly. This version included all vista gadgets,sounds,themes amd some Vista feachers and working as XP proffesional. I did not find any mistake yet in this software and it is supportable with windows live update. But Some feachers missing at basic installation like - Games,Internet Games,Pinball,Movie Maker,Music Samples,Old CD Player and Sound Recorder,Windows Sounds,MSN Explorer,Netmeeting,Windows Messenger,Windows Tour.

6. Yashviinf

Yashviinf Member

7. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Did you have something to add, Yashviinf?

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Yashviinf, what was that post for as you didn't add anything to original post?

9. hajimiri

hajimiri Guest

Youre device Bios is out of luck, the soluion has some steps:
    1)install windows vista that is intalling without any problem with youre SATA Hard drive.
    2)download Bios of youre laptop from driver lists of site: support.dell.com
    3)install Bios in windows vista to update youre device Bios
    4)after reset, toure Bios is updated and has SATA disable/enable option. disable SATA option and save changes and exit from Bios.
    5)install Windos XP that you want and enjoy it.

10. Dragula96

Dragula96 Guest

Hmm, another person having problems trying to install XP using a SATA controller - interesting. ;)

You don't need to slip stream the driver. All you need to do is download the driver for the SATA controller, then hit f6 at the install prompt.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2008
  11. Gradical

Gradical Member

mmmm you are wrong!, you do need to slip stream it in some particular cases, lets say mmm you have a laptop, new laptops have no flopy drives, you dont have an usb flopy and dont want to buy one just to install windows xp.

personally i had it this way, and it worked for me

12. ket0la

ket0la Guest

Not entirely, the guy never mentioned that he didn't have a USB floppy. Let's hope this gentleman has solved his problem by now anyways. This thread is nearly 3 months old!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2008
  13. Gradical

Gradical Member

apparently he solved his problems since may, hi just missed his pinball lol.

i kind of implied that when i stated
    someone should really just close this one being so old and solved

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  14. ket0la

ket0la Guest

/sigh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.