1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I backup Universal's movie Back To The Future?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by codered78, Feb 7, 2005.

1. codered78

codered78 Member

Hi, I'm new here and I have a question about using DVD shrink to backup both Rocky and Back to the future. I have tried countless times to use DVD shrink for BTF every time I keep receiving disc read errors all over the place and as of yet been unable to use DVD shrink to backup this movie. Is there some kind of unknown copy protection which the dvd shrink program or any other program for that matter has that can't be broken? I've used many different dvd copying programs and no matter which one I use, every time I'm unsuccesful, I've also used Iso buster and virtual drives as well. Any help here would be appreciated, thanks!

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i've ripped the trilogy, and so far haven't come across anyone having trouble with this title. sounds like a damaged disc. or maybe download dvd decryptor (free) and try that

Rich

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Those were out well before the new encryptions. Check the original for bad scratches or finger prints. Clean it well and try again. Shrink should decrypt them.

Jerry

4. codered78

codered78 Member

I believe I found the solution to the problem. This DVD has a program packaged with it called interactual player or something like that. What I did was disable all auto play features for my DVD player. I think what was happening was this, Every time I tried to decode the video it would try and accesss the Inter. player and try and start it automatically and when it did, the auto play feature and encoding conflicted with each other. Does this sound like a possibility to anyone here? Thanks for all your help, everyone. I hope my silly mistake may help someone else here, so they know what to do if they have the same problem.(*_*)

5. XBG

XBG Member

Code, I don't think those menus ever kept me from ripping a movie but after loading a disc I always (usually) wait for the Interactual screen to come up and then cancel before I start.

Read some of the threads in this area because most of the things you need to check have been covered before.

Having DMA enabled and current Firmware for your burner are popular fixes.

Read up!

(edit) If what you posted fixed your problem then nice job!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  6. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

Yep, this is what I also do.
    Wait for the AutoPlay to start, have XP tell me it's a DVD Disk etc...

Cancel all that, then I know nothing else will start or popup in my face <grin>....