1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW CAN I BACKUP X BOX 360 GAMES WITHOUT USING X BOX TO DO IT

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by CITYMIKE, Jan 14, 2008.

1. CITYMIKE

CITYMIKE Member

RECENTLY PURCHASED GRANDSON AN XBOX 360 AND THE GAME ASSASSIN'S CREED. HOW CAN I BACK UP THE DISCS FOR HIM ON MY COMPUTER. I KNOW THE X BOX NEEDS TO BE MODDED, I BOUGHT VERBATIM DL DISCS, I HAVE A DUAL LAYER BURNER, AND I HAVE CLONE CD. CAN SOMEONE ASSIST ME ON WHAT ELSE I NEED TO KNOW STEP BY STEP, OR DIRECT ME TO THE RIGHT PLACE. HELP.

2. NewBart

NewBart Guest

FIRST YOU NEED TO TURN YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF. Search the stickies and the threads and try to find the info yourself, it's all there. What's with all these people too lazy to find the info themselves?

3. CITYMIKE

CITYMIKE Member

sorry about the caps. I'm new to this and I've been looking through some of the threads and keep hitting road blocks. Not trying to get someone to do all the work for me as far as researching. I went on e bay and bought the Hitachi drive witht the flash drive as well. I'll do more researching and see if I can find it like you said. Thanks

4. NewBart

NewBart Guest

No problem Mike. What I do is this, I have a Samsung 163A dvd drive (sata) I use to rip the games to my computer and then use imgburn to burn the games. It's the best way really. I would buy you a Samsung drive off e-bay and then do that, make sure it if flashed with Kreon.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

sh-d162d (IDE) and the sh-d163b (SATA)
    get one of those flashed with Kreon firmware on Ebay.

then do this:
    1. Stick original disc in your Samsung PC drive and let it spin for a second and be recognized
    2. open Xbox Backup Creator 2.6
    3. go to tools tab and click unlock drive
    4. go to read tab and start it

once image is made you can burn it.

1. open newest version of IMGburn
    2. go to mode and select “write”
    3. now browse for and select the .DVD file you just made
    4. Select your burning speed, and booktype the media to DVD-Rom if your burner can booktype
    5. hit start and burn it.

6. CITYMIKE

CITYMIKE Member

I am waiting on a Samsung sh-d162d that i bought off of e bay last night, and its flashed with kreon. You mention burn the game with image burn, what about clone cd? I read that clone cd is the best, I don't know. So you say just put the game in the Samsung drive and use image burn as if one would use clone dvd, clone cd, etc?? I'll find image burn to try that as well. Thanks for the help.

7. NewBart

NewBart Guest

I've used both, and I think imgburn works better, just my opinion. Follow Steimy's advice, he knows what he is talking about for sure.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2008
  8. steimy

steimy Active member

you can use either one. I like IMGburn myself because it is made by the same guy who made DVD Decrypter which i used with great success for many years. I have had a 100% success rate with the method posted above, also IMGburn is freeware.

But although i have not used it the products like Clone CD made by Slysoft are top notch products. I use AnyDVD and CloneDVD all the time.

9. CITYMIKE

CITYMIKE Member

hopefully i'll receive my new burner tomorrow and can follow the good advice everyone has given me