1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can i capture while i am watching

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Desibaba1, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Desibaba1

Desibaba1 Member

I have a DVD that plays fine but when i try to rip using DVDshrink or dvddectuptor it stops at %30. i tried all kind of ripping software but i think the DVD is scratch and it won't pass %30.

So since i can watch it without problem, i like to know if i can play on my computer and caputre the video that is playing to .avi or mpeg or any format. as long as i get it rip to my comptuer. Then i like to convert it to from 8.5gig to 4.7gig.

any ideas from the pro's..

Thanks

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Yes, that'll work as long as you have a capture card. I must warn you that the quality might not be the same.

Have you tried to tweak the settings on DVD Decrypter and then rip using that? Look for ScubaPete, he has some good tweak settings for that program. I would try this before resorting to a capture card.

3. Desibaba1

Desibaba1 Member

Yes i have capture card. What software i can use to capture while i am playing the DVD on my computer. I don't want to hookup external dvd player and capture it.

thanks

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member