1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can i change my v220 display text ?

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by ricardow, Mar 1, 2005.

1. ricardow

ricardow Guest

Hey guys i need some help.
    I just got a Moto v220, and can't change the display text. Both (internal and the flip one) have the name of the phone company ("Claro"), and i can't change it.
    I took a look at the mobile instructions, and the option responsable for changing the text is disabled.
    Any idea of how could i change this settings ?
    ThanX.

2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

Custom Outer LCD Text:

First you need to activate the feature by opening 004a_001.seem and setting offset 27 to "01".
    Of course, you want to be able to control what shows up in your outer LCD.
    Open 0061_0001.seem.
    Take a look at the text side of that file and you'll see the text that gets displayed.
    Mine says "Mossy". You can change the text that's displayed by altering the values on the text side of the hex editor.
    Note that there must be a hex value of "00" in between each character that is to be displayed.
    Also note that to specify the end of the display, you must put hex values of "00" twice. Then be sure the rest of the file is filled with hex values of "FF".
    Make the exact same changes to 0062_0001.seem - it's a backup file on your phone for the 0061_0001.seem.
    Upload all of these seems (004a_0001, 0061_0001, and 0062_0001) to your phone and restart to see the change.

Note: u must use the P2K and XVI32