1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I change the language on a movie (dvd) file

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by lilmamaj8, Mar 11, 2010.

1. lilmamaj8

lilmamaj8 Member

I'm new at this so please bear with me as I explain what I'm trying to figure out. I tried searching the forum but I couldn't find exactly what I needed. I hope someone can help me.

I downloaded a television series that was supposed to be in English with Spanish subs. The show is broken into 4 "dvd movie" files... 3 of the files play in English but one of them is set to play in Spanish. Now i can change the language to English while watching it with my VLC player but I can't figure out how to set it to English so I can burn it to disc. I read in another post to use virtualdub but apparently that doesn't work for these file types, I kept getting an error message. Is there a program I can use to set English as the default? Is there a file that has just the Spanish subs that I can delete and force it to play in English (there are several ifo and bup files in with the the DL).
    If you need additional info let me know. I will greatly appreciate any help I can get!

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Since you have mentioned IFo and BUP, it looks like DVD Video compilation.You can use DVDFab or DVD Shrink and remove the subtitles and Spanish audio.

3. lilmamaj8

lilmamaj8 Member

I haven't used dvd shrink before, once I get the movie added so I just uncheck the spanish box?

4. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Yes, un-check the Spanish stuff,under audio and subpicture..

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  5. lilmamaj8

lilmamaj8 Member

That worked. Thank you so VERY VERY much!!!

6. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

You're VERY very welcome:)
    Cheers!