1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Can I connect and Play my Video Game Systems on My laptop?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Xtremee, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Xtremee

Xtremee Member

I didn't know where extacly this kind of question goes so i decide to post it in General Topics first i want to know if it is possible to connect video game systems (wii or Gamecube) to a Computer (in this case a inspiron 6000 Laptop)and then i might want to know how to do it

i will really appreciate any kind of help

have a great day!

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

to use your pc monitor as a screen to play your console games on, you would need a tv tuner card. you connect the outgoing console cables to the tuner card, and use the tuner software to view. for a laptop, you're pretty much stuck with an external (usb/firewire) tuner card.

3. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

To further add to that, make sure to get a tuner that supports decent resolution! When I first began, I bought a tuner card for the same reason as you. I decided to be cheap and bought a card that supported up to 640X480.....lets just say it was a waste of time.

Bottom line, don't be cheap! If money is an issue, might as well stick to playing your system on a standard tv.