1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I copy Data DVDs please?

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by Scylla, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Scylla

Scylla Member

Hi - I've bought a video editing programme (Final Cut Pro) and it cost me an absolute fortune. I'd like to make some copies of the DVDs it came on, but don't know how. I've found plenty of information about ripping movie DVDs, but nothing about this. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Scylla

Scylla Member

OK, I got it sorted.

For the benefit of anyone else who wants to know, here's how:

Fisrt of all, disc copy is your friend. If you have Roxio's Toast, that'd work too but I'll work off the assumption that you don't. If you have OS X 10.0--10.2.x, then Disc Copy is Located in Applications/Utilities as it's own app; if you have 10.3 and later its integrated into Disc Utility (Also in Utilities). Choose the menu item to create new disc image from device. Choose your superdrive, and choose a destination, click OK and let it make a disc image. When it's done, there will be a .dmg where you chose to save. Double clicking this .dmg will
    mount it in the finder. to burn itm go back to Disc Copy/Disk Utility and choose "Burn Disk image" or something of that manner, select your burn
    options, pop in a blank, and burn away. That should do it!

Kudos and thanks to Appleguru for sorting this out for me.