1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how can I "crack" my 3.03 psp? pls help

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by dr3x, Oct 14, 2007.

1. dr3x

dr3x Member

how can I play games from my psp directly from the sony card? I know it's version 3.03, I'm sorry for putting the same old stupid question I guess, I suppose many of us very fresh newbies asked... I don't want a version over 3.50, that I heard needs pandora battery or something like that, just want a simple god damn crack so I can play some games on this psp I just bought today. I don't have any friends with a psp or a spare battery and card, so, can't I do it any other way besides the pandora battery way, and not screwing my psp? as I said, the version it's 3.03, the guy that sold me the psp wasn't skilled at all concerning the psp, but he said he one time did an upgrade to the firewall or whats it's name, so now in the system info screen I can see it's version 3.03. could it possibly be already "cracked"? thanks dudes, I've been looking around a little on this forum and I've seen you are pretty helpful dudes, so I hope you will be able to help me to. peace!

2. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

Search google for 3.03 downgrade.
    Also, why dont you want to go above 3.50? Newer released games require newer firmware, I would recommend upgrading to 3.71 M33-2

3. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

another thing to add is that u need GTA LCS unpatched witha 2.00 update on it then you can downgrade. you can also use a pandora.

4. dr3x

dr3x Member

if I upgrade to a higher version, will I still need pandora or gta lcs's patch or something? I'm trying to avoid pandora because I don't have a battery to spare or a card, they would cost me as much as the psp. can I upgrade so that I can play games directly from my card, using just software or stuff like that? thank you. I haven't played a single game on my psp so I don't even care about the version, I just want to try something...just not pandora or any of these hard ways..thx

5. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

u can avoid it but u need to downgrade first with GTA

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  6. dr3x

dr3x Member

so either way I do it I will still need an original copy of gta lcs?

7. dr3x

dr3x Member

my psp version is 3.03. it doesn't say either 3.03 OE-A, 3.03 OE-B, 3.03 OE-C or stuff like that. what does that mean?

8. zachier

zachier Regular member

That means your PSP is currently on official firmware. Those you mentioned, the OE's, are the custom firmwares. That's what you need if you want to be able to run homebrew on your PSP.

9. dr3x

dr3x Member

thanks man. so now for me to be able to downgrade and then upgrade to any version I want, I need an original umd of gta liberty city stories?

10. dr3x

dr3x Member

jesus christ I just found out the price of a gta lcs original umd disk. it's like one third of the price of the psp here. isn't there another way?

11. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

Pandora Battery.
    Know anyone with a PSP with CFW instaled onto it?
    If you are in UK send me your batt + Mem Stick n ill make it for you.
    If not some are selling on ebay but thats also bout a third of the price of a PSP!!!!

12. iwillgetu

iwillgetu Regular member

you can always upgrade to official firmware 3.50 then use the lumines downgrader

13. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

maybe because you were looking for a patched one? unpatched ones are way cheaper because it's most likely to be used.find one from ebay.

14. dr3x

dr3x Member

how do I know if it's a patched or unpatched version? I could download gta lcs, but I suppose that won't help me with anything, and the gta lcs it was from a local store, original umd of course, so how could I tell?

15. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

well, to find an unpatched one, you need to go to ebay or amazon.buying it from a game shop won't be a good idea because it's probably patched up.and you must have it as a umd.ebay or amazon or another place in the internet.be sure to add the words "downgrade" or "unpatched" in your search.

i.e. unpatched gta:lcs / gta:lcs downgrader

16. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

On the game box and on the UMD it will say ULES00151

17. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

i never knew that there were those numbers.checked my umd and saw it was unpatched :D.could do an unbricking or downgrading service now :p

18. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

Yep, i bought a load of copies from blockbusters 1 time lol. All gone now though, i got 6 copies n gave em all away (At cost price of course lol!)

Thats the easiest and cheapest place to get hold of the game

19. Shakotah

Shakotah Regular member

this whole downgrading/upgrading is confusing to me, and i read a couple posts, but since theres so many, ill just add it to the most recent one...

is it only possible to upgrade to the newest version (say 3.71 m33-2 for example) by downgrading to 1.50 using the pandoras battery? or is it possible to just somehow upgrade to a certain version if its a brand new psp? and what is this "custom firmware" people say u need to make pandoras battery and memory stick?

20. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

Pandoras batt and mem stick lets you downgrade any firmware to 1.50. You need to get back to 1.50 to upgrade to custom firmware (CFW). CFW lets you play homebrew. E.G. Game Backups ISO/CSO Files.
    You have to upgrade to 3.52 M33-4 before you can get to 3.71 M33-2.