1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I create 6 audio channels form a DVD?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by parabolo, Jul 19, 2003.

1. parabolo

parabolo Member

I want to have one different file for every audio channel from a DVD (5.1 surround, 6 channels) but I have no idea of how to do it.

I have tried to get the .a3c file using VOBrator but all I have is a .m2v file, a .spes file and a .pcm file and don't know what to do now...

Please I need some help
    Thanks a lot

2. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

A couple of quick questions for you - Are there definitely Dolby Digital files on the DVD?
    Is it a DVD-Video disc or a DVD-Audio disc?
    finally, please don't take this the wrong way, but are you sure there are 5.1 files on the disc - not all DVD's have them.

3. parabolo

parabolo Member

Thank you for your reply!
    It's a DVD video disc (I think) It has music videos.
    In the DVD player, in audio options I can choose:
    - PCM Stereo, or
    - Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
    So I think it's really a 5.1 surround DVD; when I play it with the second option I can easily distinguish the 6 channels with the home cinema.

When I read the DVD with the PC, there are 3 directories:
    - audio_ts, which is empty (!)
    - jacket_p, with three mp2 files, and
    - video_ts, with some vob, ifo and bup files

I hope you can help me
    Greetings

4. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

Try a tool called "DVD Decryptor" at this URL
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/
    This should be able toextract the AC3 files for you. The PCM will be the stereo mix.
    If you have a hard time using this software, which to be honest is unlikely as it is quite self-explanatory, I can email you a complete HTML guide for it.
    You will need to burn these AC3 files to a DVD, and Nero should do the job for you.
    Don't worry about the Audio_TS directory, as this is part of the DVD-A spec, and is normally empty on DVD-V discs.
    If none of this works properly, then assuming you have an optical input to your PC you may be able to connect the settop box to the PC and record to your HDD in real time. Depending on your Audio software of course, but the downside would be the files would be wav files, and subsequently need re-encoding to AC3 or Dolby Digital to give it it's proper name.
    Hope this helps.

5. parabolo

parabolo Member

Thank you Wilkes! I got it!!!! :)
    I used DVD Decrypter to get the vob files and with these files I have used BeSweet to get the six audio channels in wav format!

Thank you so much for your help. Muchas gracias!
    Greetings