1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how can i download a dvd-r onto my computer to send it through an email

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by zimgirgaz, Apr 17, 2005.

1. zimgirgaz

zimgirgaz Guest

i have a buner and dont know how to use it i have a dvd-r that iwant to send to people over the internet but cant figur out how my computer wont read it while in the drive i dont know what to do help!!!!

2. dvdauthor

dvdauthor Guest

whoah! first, i'm sure whatever content you have on that DVD-R is WAY to large to send through e-mail. if you are going to send a movie through e-mail it either A - Needs to be really small and sent as an MPEG, AVI, .WMV or a Real Player file or B - uploaded onto a website for someone else to access and download it from there. If your computer won't read it, that's a whole other issue. Are you sure it's a DVD burner and player? Or is it just a cd burner? I need more info in order to try and help.

3. zimgirgaz

zimgirgaz Guest

im actually not sure but i can find out the movie is actually only 10 mins long so im sure its not that its a movie our friends did with my husband and his dad in it and we wanted to show everyone

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@zimgirgaz
    Go to My Computer - right click on one of your drives (burner) than click hardware this will list all your drives and give you the brand and model #. You can than copy and paste that info in google and research what your drive will do. If all is okay there the 2nd thing may be the brand of media used. Your burner may not like it. Try updating your firmware. This may sound dumb but do you have software that will read DVD's done in different formats?
    One last thing when you say your computer can't read it what exactly happens?

5. zimgirgaz

zimgirgaz Guest

well my mom informs me that the burner is indeed only for cds and that i wont be able to do what i want when i say it doesnt read what i mean is when i insert it into the drive and u click on that icon for it it shows nothin in the drive itself

6. dvdauthor

dvdauthor Guest

if your computer can't play a DVD movie, you don't even have a DVD-ROM drive - therefore you can't do what you want...it doesn't read it because it doesn't know what it is. at least, that's how I understand your problem.

7. zimgirgaz

zimgirgaz Guest

im sorry im very computer illtreate (and i cant spell either) i dont get them and i dont understand them it sucks cause everthing is computer related these days by the if ur thinkin im some old lady im not im only 24

8. dvdauthor

dvdauthor Guest

hey, it's cool...don't worry about it. we all have things were good at. i'm happy to help, so feel free to post your questions here.

9. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

zimgirgaz
    Spend some time reading the forums. There is alot of useful info here. You may find yourself no longer computer illiterate :)
    Good Luck!

10. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

welcome to AD zimgirgaz, i have learned so much since i joined this forum, the members here have been extremely helpful and i have tried to give back as much as i have received in terms of advice, assistance, or just to contribute a little something here and there from personal experience.

in terms of accomplishing what you would like to do, if money is not too much of an issue, i would suggest doing a little research here in these forums and get yourself a good dvd-burner. reason i say dvd-burner rather than just a normal dvd-rom drive, is that a dvd-burner will allow you to view your movies on that particular disc you have and give you the option to copy that movie onto another blank dvd which you could give to your friends. purchasing a dvd-rom would only suffice for you to view the movies on that disc or any other disc you might come onto in the near future. a dvd-burner is pricier than a dvd-rom drive, but, for future computer related stuff i think it would be much more useful to you. it's just a small suggestion and obviously i don't know the entire story/situation, but, stick around here and you will become computer LITERATE in no time at all~
    good luck to you and keep trying, practice makes perfect even when learning on a computer :)

11. limelight

limelight Regular member

Make a copy of the dvd, Go to walmart, buy a bubble envelope, and pay the 1.00 to ship it. Done.