1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how can i free some space on my flash0? on my 3.71 m33-2

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by CoRn3tTo, Oct 18, 2007.

1. CoRn3tTo

CoRn3tTo Regular member

i got some converted themes for 3.71m33-2 but it cannot fit on a plain flash0,, example the flash0 only contain 4.5mb but my converted themes are on 5 or 6 mb? can this fit on my flash0 on 3.71m33-2

thanx

2. psplw

psplw Guest

yes well you if your a noob at this DO NOT DO IT you will end up with a brick but to free up about 1.5mb on flash0:
    its possible to disable japanse font (spaces 1.5mb on flash0!!!) using the Flash Agent D4!!
    erm....... you are on 3.71m33....... you dont need to flash aswell:

Themes for 3.71m33 all go on your memstick and you can change them whenever you want without flashing so this means no chance of a semi brick(yay

you can get themes hereand here

And you can make your own themes with the official psp theme creator you can get it of the website PSP.uk

Installing 3.71 themes (ptf)
    #create a folder called THEME inside the PSP folder on your memstick
    #copy your desired theme.ptf to the newly created THEME folder on your memstick
    #go the setting/theme settings and apply your new theme
    #enjoy
    make sure the theme is for 3.71

3. CoRn3tTo

CoRn3tTo Regular member

i already freeup some space on my flash0 i did not used any program to remove the font, i just copied my friend's flash0>>font and paste to my font folder on my flash0

but when i flashed some themes i downloaded,,its not working properly?

the icons worked,but the sub-menu icon on the setting's icon don't run? for ex: i wanna change to custom theme,,il go to theme settings>> and when i click the theme setting sub-menu icon,itdoesn't work?

what did iv done/flash wrong?

4. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

which file do u delete for the japanese font, last time i tried i perma bricked.

5. CoRn3tTo

CoRn3tTo Regular member

i don't know how myfriend delete his korean(i think) and japanese(i think) font,,he just copied his folder on mine,and that's it,im free up space on my flash0

didn't know how to do it, but still i have my back-up when i mess up with my flash0

6. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

yeah, i jus tfound ot the DIC folder can be deleted, i deleted everything inside of jpn0.pgf and i perma bricked, so noone should b e trying that.

7. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

try to avoid deleting anything in the font file, btw.it gave me a bsod but some bits of it was white so...don't do it.

8. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

7/10 times ive messed with this flash i have perma bricked... dunt try it he's right.

9. CoRn3tTo

CoRn3tTo Regular member

thanx for your help,,but mine didn't brick neither semi-brick,

i just have my back-up whole flash0,
    and back up my custom font folder(the one that is free up space)

lucky for me i didn't brick/semi-brick

i tried circacore,applecore,xbox,elite,silk converted themes and many more never semi-brick or brick,

i just flash it manually and carefully

10. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

now here's a sensible psp user :D.unlike some others, they just DON'T backup flash0, messes with out backing up and BOOM, semi-brick.for 3.71m33, BRICK.so, you gotta be UN-nooby to mess with flash0 :D

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I use Flash0++ v1 to modify the jpn0.pgf and gb3s1518.bwfon file which frees up around 2.5MB of space in flash0.

You can download the application HERE.

It isn't in English but its easy to figure out.

Download the file above and extract it. Place the Extracted folder into the /PSP/GAME or /PSP/GAME150 folder and run it via Game Menu Memory Stick.

Once it boots to the menu go to Supprimer jpn0.pgf + gh3s1518.bwfon and press X. After it edits those files there will be some red text at the bottom of the screen. just press triangle to exit to XMB.

Now go to recovery menu and flash the custom theme (Make sure you backup your flash0 properly). HERE is a guide on how to do that. Make sure your using a 3.71 M33 compatible custom theme as well.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  12. CoRn3tTo

CoRn3tTo Regular member

thanx Larrylje,im gonna try that on my other psp(the one that is not yet free up space on flash0)

if it works,im gonna do that to all my psp friends and share them some converted themes,,thanx for that info.

13. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

hey larry, cant you just take those open them up and deleted everything INSIDE of them (not the files themseves). just wanna make sure, ive been trying to do it manualy lately.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  14. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I duno never tried doing it that way. I just used the flash0== application to be safe.

15. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

How much free space do you have in your Flas0 larry? I saw on another forum someone saying that they had 5MB free, is that even possible?

16. CoRn3tTo

CoRn3tTo Regular member

still,,never tried the installer above,

@chwoolgar
    mine i think as i remember is 2.7 to 2.9 free space,that can fit up any converted theme i guess,,so there's no need to change or take up space up to 5mb

just always back up everything you will change

flash0