1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how can I get my downloaded games to work on my psp?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by kannie, Feb 14, 2007.

1. kannie

kannie Member

Hi there, I'm a new member and was hoping someone out there could lend a helping hand about my psp. recently i changed my psp's firmware from 2.71 to 3.10 OE-A. I have games already on my psp (given to me at the time of firmware switch) but recently I downloaded some games from demonoid and attempted to place them in the same folder as my other psp games, but all I keep getting is "Corrupt data" or "Game could not be started" coming up on the screen. i'm totally lost and if any one knows where i'm going wrong a little advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

u don't put them there, u put them under ISO folder in the root of the memory stick

3. kannie

kannie Member

Hey thanks, I think where I was going wrong is that the files I was trying to place in my ISO folder were RAR files and it seems they're no good! I placed a CSO file in with my two other ISO games in the ISO folder and it works perfectly! should I keep this trend up with future downloaded files? also which folder do I place downloaded PS1 games in? Thanks for the help!

4. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

Well, since google and/or afterdawn search engine isnt used anymore, ps1 games go in game folder, homebrew in the game150 and isos in the ISO folder.

5. kannie

kannie Member

Still having trouble trying to load PS1 games on my psp. I placed the file in the GAME folder but nothing is showing up in my memory stick apart from my games that are already in my ISO folder. could it be that the PS1 game is an EBOOT.PBP file? So far I have only used CSO or ISO files and they work fine. I have also tried to place it in GAME150 folder and GAME310 folder and it still shows nothing! any one know anything? thanks!

6. npdyna

npdyna Regular member

The PSX game needs to be in a folder within GAME, e.g. PSP/GAME/TEKKEN,

and then in TEKKEN, you need the EBOOT.PBP and KEYS.BIN, which should be with your EBOOT.

brap Senior Member!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  7. kannie

kannie Member

I created a folder for my PSX EBOOT.PBP file to go in and named it the same name and placed it in the GAME folder it worked fine! one thing that's got me thinking though is what do i do when i want to place other PSX games in the GAME folder under the same folder name EBOOT.PBP? will my psp allow me to do this as my other folder in there will be called the same name. will i have to delete one game in order to place another in there or can i place it in another folder i.e. GAME150?

8. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

you would just place them in another folder in GAME.

9. BladeX561

BladeX561 Regular member

do you have the KEYS.BIN?

10. npdyna

npdyna Regular member

If he's on 3.10 OE-A, then the KEYS.BIN isn't needed anymore, PSX games can be run without it. But I think you have to have converted the ISO with the latest autopopstation that came with 3.10 OE-A, and not any other converter.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  11. wysechain

wysechain Member

where abouts is root of the memory stick?
    thnks

12. kannie

kannie Member

yeah I have keys.bin along side the EBOOT.PBP file. So if I wanna make another folder in GAME along side my other PSX game which I have called EBOOT.PBP, what should I call it?

13. bj1604

bj1604 Member

Hi I just got my psp and i downloaded a psp game, extracted it but now what do i do? I have firmware 3.11 and I dont now what ISO means or anything.

Please help!!!!!!!

14. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

go to my computer, double click on ur psp's drive. then ur in the root of the mem stick