1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I know what my OHM/ POT value is?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by YuYu4321, Apr 28, 2005.

1. YuYu4321

YuYu4321 Member

Sorry for the newb question. I've been to numerous threads on how to tweak the Gamecube laser, and they all say soemthing about OHM/POT. Do you have to use some external device to see it? I've been tweaking mine with a screwdriver, but that's probably not efficient enough, seeing as I still get occasional DREs. Thanks for your help.

2. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

You need a multimeter set to "2k" and then check the resistance(ohm value) with it.

You been lucky if you have just tweaked that pot(potentiometer) with screwdriver wildly without burning the laser:D

3. YuYu4321

YuYu4321 Member

Thanks. I've actually been tweaking it with a screwdriver for weeks, because I didn't know there was another way to do it :p. Also, I heard the multimeter burns out the laser real fast. Does it have to do with electric charges? If so, then the screwdriver may be me more safe for the laser.