1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I listen to music in game on the PS3?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by inkster, Jun 2, 2007.

1. inkster

inkster Member

Ok, I know that I can't listen to my downloaded music while I'm playing in a game on my PS3. What I want to know is, is it true that the XBOX360 you can listen to your music in game cause I don't know. If so how come it can, like what does the XBOX360 have that the PS3 doesn't let you hear your music. What software or firmware or when we we be able to listen to our own downloaded music while playing a game on the PS3? Or how can we if possible? Please I would appreciate anyones help with some feedback.

2. inkster

inkster Member

I heard that there's some Fireware release 2.0 that makes it possible? Please help I really would like to know is it possible to make this happen on the PS3.

3. keebles

keebles Regular member

the xbox 360 has a different software makeup allowing it to access music while you are playing games.

4. inkster

inkster Member

Ok thanks but is there software or firmware to download to upgrade my PS3 to listen to music while playing a game?

5. keebles

keebles Regular member

I don't think sony has made one yet

6. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

id sure love for it to happen, but i dont think its possible because the reason the 360 can do is it because it keeps its os going during gameplay something sony's os just dosent do. so basically its impossible unless sony completely revamps the xmb's setup, maby so it comes up as a watermark during a game if you hold the select button in or something.

7. SpideyBoy

SpideyBoy Member

firmware update 2.0 has been rumored to let you access all major xmb activities in game...listening to music...viewing pics...prolly watch video...maybe even be in a chat room while playing your own game...but...its a rumor...i hope its true...

8. TheNick

TheNick Guest

i think were all hoping its true, at this point. After the upscalling of the last firmware, the shit mentioned in 2.0 was like the last of what id wanted to bring us up to speed....it was rather detailed, and E3's coming, so here's to hoping!

9. inkster

inkster Member

Hey I really appreciate everyone's help with the feedback and I'm just waiting to get that update too. Yeah I looked around for some more info about it so it will probably come out when Sony comes out with HOME for PS3. Man, I can't wait to listen to my music while playing my favorite games!!!

10. SpideyBoy

SpideyBoy Member

when does home come out? september or something like that if i remember correctly...

11. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

I thought the XMB was always running? hence they fact that while the Cell has 7 cores only 6 are usable for gaming as the 7th one was/is always running the XMB. Not sure if thats correct but Im 99% sure it is, while it would require a complete rewrite of how the XMB works it would be possible to add it via firmware. But maybe Sony a saving a few reasons to update 'till a bootloader is released, to try and stop piracy a little.

12. Navar

Navar Member

You can listen to music while viewing pics and browsing the web, just press the PS bottom to access the menu bar.

13. jesse286

jesse286 Regular member

14. TheNick

TheNick Guest

Good point, id heard the same thing, that the XMB was always running...which is why im just waiting for the next firmware update to give us access to it in-game, not sure if that'd garuntee our own music in-game but its a start.

15. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

if your using av-multi output, take out the white cable and plug your mp3 player in its place but you need a special cable buts its very cheap anyway, then off you go, thats what im doing for the time being and its great!!

16. jesse286

jesse286 Regular member

There is supposed to be an update that will let you hope it get released soon that's gonna be sweet!