1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how can I make 2 discs movies in one dvd-5 ?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by hart94109, Jun 15, 2003.

1. hart94109

hart94109 Member

before knowing DVD Shrink can make dvd 9 to one disc under 4.38 gb by compress. I usually use DVD decrypter to make dvd 9 movies to 2 discs, now how can I make those movies back to one disc ?

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

You can use a vob compression tool of your choice, i recommend DVD Shrink. It is just a matter of compressing the video before burning. Same as you would have done when decrypting a movie using as ripper. You will have to copy each DVD-R into a seperate directory due to a possible conflict in IFo files. Use TMPGEnc to author the two directories to one. This will create a very large file. Next use the compression tool to compress (DVD Shrink) and then burn.
    However, if you were making legal back-ups of your DVD's then you would probably still have most of the originals. ;-) lol

Last edited: Jun 16, 2003
  3. hart94109

hart94109 Member

but when i use TMPGEnc dvd auther to put 2 discs back together, it won't load the second file, there are problem with file format and audio doensn't match.but i am sure i rip them with same software (dvd DVD DECRYPTER)and they are actually from same movie source.so what am i do wrong. any suggestion?

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Use a program to create menus (Pinnacle Studio 8 or something) then seperate the two DVD's into two seperate folders. Enable selection of either disc from the menu you create.