1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can i make my psp 2.71 play higher version games?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by SlayerXz, Jul 30, 2007.

1. SlayerXz

SlayerXz Member

hi i have a sony psp v2.71 and it has the IC6001 upsidedown on the left of my psp and a IC1003 upside down on the right side. How can i make my psp play at least 3.01 games or possibly higher :(???

2. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

upgrade your firmware? go to psp-hacks.com and look under "downloads" and then "firmware" and select the official sony firmware link..Be advised though, that if you upgrade any higher than 3.50-you lose any ability to play downloaded games or homebrew, etc...But if that is not a concern to you, then you can just use the "network update" icon on your psp menu, or use the UMD game that is requiring the higher firmware to update..

Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  3. SlayerXz

SlayerXz Member

Thanks for the message ok so i decided to upgrade it to the 3.51 http://www.psp-hacks.com/2007/07/14/psp-351-m33-custom-firmware-released/ but im confused does that mean i need to downgrade first t 1.50 coz i dont understand the first instruction:

1.If you are under official 1.50 PSP firmware, copy kxploitpatcher and kxploitpatcher% folders from “1.50only/” of this download to your “ms0:/PSP/GAME/” and use it.

4. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Thats custom firmware, which would require you to first downgrade your psp to version 1.50 firmware so you can then upgrade to that..Are you looking to have it so you can play downloaded games and homebrew, etc.. or are you not into all that?

5. SlayerXz

SlayerXz Member

Yeh i want to be able to play homebrew games..thanks so much so what can i do? i bricked my last psp when trying to downgrade to 1.50 coz i think i had a TA-082 or a TA-086 thing

6. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Check out this guide here... scroll down to the part where its says "-2.71 PSP (TA-82 or TA-86)"-and click the "show" button-it will have the files that you need shown as links...

Good Luck!

7. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@SlayerXz

Hey man, I'll walk you through the whole downgrading process I have done it for countless people on these forums. And while I often refer to the same guide that dEEz_nUtz refered you to sometimes it is better to have someone to talk you throught the whole process. Alright well from this picture tell me what motherboard you have please...
    [​IMG]

Blue Text= Ta-79
    Red Text= Ta-82

8. SlayerXz

SlayerXz Member

Well i have both of those codes the 6001 thing and the 1003 so does that mean im a TA-086?

9. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Honestly I have never run into a motherboard like yours. But to me it seems logical that since a IC6001 is a TA-79 and IC1003 is a TA-82 then any other combination would be a TA-86. Before we go any further with this pm a user called svtstang and see what he has to say about the issue.

10. SlayerXz

SlayerXz Member

ok i will PM him now hpefully we get a response soon.

11. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Yeah, Im now quite sure and don't want to be responsible for bricking your PSP. But once he tells you what motherboard you have I can help you with the downgrading process.

12. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

13. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I know that the TA-82 and TA-86 downgrader are on and the same. But are there more than 3 types of PSP motherboards? This is what I was unsure of and that is the reason I had him ask svtstang. So are there only 3 motherboard types?

14. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

I'm fairly sure that's the only 3. If sony comes out another bricker motherboard I'm sure we would hear about it.

15. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

True. I'll give it a day, if svtstang doesn't answer this guys question then we'll go ahead with the TA-82/TA-86 downgrade. I have a guide alreay to go.

16. SlayerXz

SlayerXz Member

Yeh sorry he hasent responded yet so i guess we need to try the TA-082/TA-086 downgrading thing. :S

17. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Okay I am going to give you a complete step-by-step downgrade guide w/ pictures. First format your memory card so that we start off with a clean slate. Okay before beginning make sure your battery is charged to at least 75% and that your charger is plugged in.

Files needed to downgrade a 2.71 PSP either TA-82 or TA-86...
    TA-082 2.71 Downgrade Files
    Firmware 1.50 Update

1) Unzip the 2.71 TA-82 downloaded files and copy all files to the root (topmost folder) of the memory stick.
    **NOTE**-If you are unsure of what the "ROOT" of your memorystick is I included the picture below to illustrate.
    [​IMG] Ignore were it says "dont put files here" I made this pic for a different purpose and that is why it says that there.

2) Rename the file labeled"EBOOT.PBP" to "UPDATE.PBP" (do so without quotes). And copy the file into X:\PSP\GAME\UPDATE\. Were X is your memory card.

3) Now exit to your PSP's home menu and run HEN-D by going to the photo menu and entering the HEN-D folder.

4) Go to the GAME menu and and run 1.50enabler

5) When the program exits back to the XMB run UPDATE X.YZ

6) When your PSP has finished downgrading press X to restart your PSP.

7) When you turn your PSP on there will be a blue screen, Press O.

8) You should now be at firmware 1.5! Congrats :)

18. SlayerXz

SlayerXz Member

Wow thanks alot man. but now that im 1.5 how to i upgrade to the best possible firmware to play homebrew??? :D

by the way if i was next to you i would kiss you ( in a non gay way ) lmao

19. foxrider

foxrider Guest

20. SlayerXz

SlayerXz Member

Thanks Bro will do and a special thanks to PeaInAPod for all his hard work.