1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I path/rebuild Fantastic 4 and TMNT so it will play?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by mlinn, Jun 13, 2007.

1. mlinn

mlinn Guest

I have the swap magic 3 disc with the flip top lid on a new slim line 7xxxx series PS2. I have successully played all of my backup copies of my purchased PS2 DVD's with the expection of Fantastic 4 and TMNT. Both of these make it to the loading screen, and stick there. I typically have used Clone CD to make the img file then burn to a DVD-R at 4x. Never any problems until now. Can someone give me step by step instructions on how to patch and/or rebuild these DVD's?

Thanks!

2. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
  3. orthogonl

orthogonl Regular member

Certain images (anything greater than ~4.35GB+) are usually too much for Swap Magic to handle. By rebuilding you can remove the dummy files and condense the game to a size within that threshold.

Download Gnie's ExPERT tool: http://files.filefront.com/xpertrar/;6408626;/fileinfo.html (password: xpert2xmas)

Open the program.

Under the Sound Options dropdown box, make sure sTrumpet1.wav is selected.

1. Select the 'PS2 CdDvd5 |PSP UMD ISO Shrinker v1.04 *.ISO' on the plugins drop down list.
    2. Select the ISO you want to rebuild.
    3. Click Extract LBA.
    4. Click Extract file and wait for it to finish.
    5. Click Rebuild file and wait for it to finish.
    6. Click Rebuild LBA.
    7. Burn the new ISO with DVD Decrypter/Nero/Alcohol 120%.

4. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

Sorry for the bad link.
    But ya what ortho said.

5. mlinn

mlinn Guest

Ok, one more question...How do I get the ISO file from the original DVD? What software do I use, etc to get the file I need to even use the xpert tool?

Thanks!

6. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

use DVD Decrypter or ImgBurn. (use google to find)
    Run program from above
    select Mode>ISO>Read
    select source (your dvd drive)
    select destination (any location you like)
    click the button at the bottom to start.
    When done use the resulting iso with xpert.
    When done with xpert run above program again.
    select Mode>ISO>Write
    select source (your rebuilt iso)
    put a blank dvd in your dvd burner
    select burn speed (keep to 8x and under. good rule of thumb is half what the disc is rated)
    click button at bottom to start burn.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
  7. mlinn

mlinn Guest

Thanks!! When I use DVD Decryptor, it gives me an error looking for a Video TS folder....obviously since this is a PS2, not a DVD Video. How do you guys get this to work on PS2 games? I downloaded the IMGBURN program. Do you have any directions for this on how to get a PS2 DVD to an Iso to use in the xpert tool? From what I see it ask you to choose the source file, but when you browse to the DVD drive you have the PS2 DVD in, where is the file you are reading in as your source???

Thanks again for all the help! This is driving me nuts!

8. mlinn

mlinn Guest

I got DVD DECRYPTOR to work, but it rips a MDS file, not an iso, even with the iso selection made. Then xpert will not accept the mds file.....what am I doing wrong?

9. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

What is your computer HDD format? Fat32 or NTFS? Needs to be NTFS. Goto my computer and right click on your HDD. Then goto properties and look at where it says file system. If it's not NTFS yo will have to convert your HDD first.

10. mlinn

mlinn Guest

No, all of my hard drives are NTFS format. I can't understand why the DVD Decryptor is burning the image as an MDS file. There must be a setting wrong somewhere in DVD Decryptor. In the screen right before I hit start to begin the rip, it shows the file as a .iso file, but that is not what it puts in my folder.

I have downloade the IMGBURN program as well. Do you have some quick instructions for that one?

Thanks!

11. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

I'm not sure either as to why it's only making an .mds file. That is weird. ImgBurn is the same just newer and it can no longer decrypt movie files.

12. immortal5

immortal5 Regular member

Dvd Decrypter will make both an iso file and a mds file. Make sure you select read iso and check the path the output file is going to be. You can disregard the mds file since it's usually used for dual layer disc. Both those game you will have to rebuild using gnie's tool and they will work. I've backup up both with burning at 4x on Sony disc to be used with Swap magic.

13. hursty

hursty Active member

if you are struggling,you dont even need to write the image to the HD
    Load the disk into the dvd drive,then just open the image with isobuster,and extract the files from there
    once you have done that,you can use imageburn to make an image
    extracting the files from these games,will automatically downsize it for you

for making an image with imageburn:-

mode/build
    on the options tab,drop down the file system tab,and select iso9660+UDF
    then drag and drop all the games files into the window on the left hand side
    then click the build icon (folder/green arrow/disk icon) bottom left hand side

14. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

@hursty

I've never heard of rebuilding a game that way. I've only heard of the xpert way. How does this resize the games. Just wondering. I use Mem Card Exploit w/ Sonic Mega Collection as my TOC disc. I have only had to rebuild DVD9 games, a DVD5 straight copy always works fine.
    Does this method strip dummy/pad files someway? Again I'm just trying to further me knowledge to help others when needed. This seems easier than using xpert for a noob. Also do the files need to be placed in ImgBurn in the same order they appear in ISOBuster?

15. hursty

hursty Active member

Gnies expert rebuilder,does nothing extra than the normal rebuilding of a game,it simply makes the job a little easier

games with false TOC will either have hidden dummy data or files that are listed as what we call dummy files,i.e dummy.bin,garbage,pad etc..you get the idea...
    the easiest way to tell,for most people who get the games in rar form,is just by looking at the size of the packed archives,compared to the output size
    if you have a set of rar files that are 1gb for e.g,yet unpack to 4.37gb..there is no way it can packed down to that size,unless it has dummy data,as dummy data as you can imagine,consist's of "nothing"

Games with this "hidden false TOC" will automatically reduce in size after doing just a easy file extraction using isobuster,fifa 2007 is an e.g

Games that have "listed" dummy files however need to be treated differently,but the process is virtually the same,whereas this time the dummy files need to be replaced with zero bytes (i.e a new txt file is made,but renamed to original file name)

Some say,the file order is needed,some say it doesnt matter,personally i dont see the harm in using the same file order as a matter of procedure.
    There are not many games that are lba protected,so its up to the user

btw,using imageburn is exactly the same as using nero burning rom to rebuild images

16. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

Thanks Hursty.

I don't really need to do this for DVD5 as I said before, but thanks for clearing it up for me. I may be able to help someone in the future on this subject.