1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I play games stored on my external disk?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by gihad, Mar 14, 2007.

1. gihad

gihad Member

I have music, video and game ISOs in my external Hard disk... I want the PSP to read from there instead of from the memory stick... Is that Doable? It would be the same for Pen Drives...

2. JPNxEVO

JPNxEVO Guest

dude from wat i know..you can share the files with your computer. just connect the drive to your computer and config the program to get ya exterdrive to work.

3. gihad

gihad Member

I Wanted to use it without the computer, so I could go anywhere.

4. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

in short to what your asking, no.

5. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Well for one, entering USB mode wouldn't do anything because nothing will show up on the PSP screen. You can only play stuff off of your memory card. And i think there working on the ability to play ISO's via some type of USB mode off of your PC.

6. staxx

staxx Regular member

there is a 40gb hard drive that was made somewhat for what your looking to do. The only catch is that it doesnt act as a memory stick, it just swaps files from the hard drive to and from your memory stick. (almost like a portable computer so you might as well just purchase a laptop :p )

7. MrRochie

MrRochie Member

Dudes... Since there is a guide in this forum that will tell you how to hook your PSP to your computer and play games from there, and the PSP can detect the ISO and play the game from your storage on your computer. It sounds like we are real close to finding a way just to hand a USB HD off the USB port without the computer and bypass the memstick all together... Im sure some smart programer (Dark ALex maybe) can put a hook in his firmware to do just that. Myself and I know many others would really like to see this function. We all know the limits of the memory stick and expense. Small laptop H drives are getting cheaper all the time... 60 to 80 GB for 100 vs 4g Memory stick for 100...Go figure..