1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how can i play my dvd movies (backups) on the xbox??

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Jdilla, May 17, 2004.

1. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

can anyone tell me a good program that will let me do this?, and where can i get it? and where do i store it in the xbox? c drive? or f drive?

2. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

dvd dongle free on evo-x will allow u to play backed up dvd movies and u dont hav to hav the playback kit either. hope this helps

3. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

so you are saying that dongle free is the program?..ill search for it.. where am i suppose to put it on the xbox drives?

4. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

If u hav evolution-x then it shud b on th e main menu but if not search it on google and put it in ur c drive

5. liquid51

liquid51 Regular member

sorry if you already knew this, but if you have the dvd playback kit already, it should play a copy of a dvd without any modifications.
    oh, and are you talking about a dvd backup, or a divx backup? If you want the original dvd (menus and features and all that crap) to be stored on your hdd so you can watch it from the hdd as if it were a regular dvd, I don't believe there's anything available yet. I'd like to find one if there is.

Last edited: May 19, 2004
  6. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

there is, i was told xbox media center "XBMC" can play your dvd movies backups, its just a that im stuck on ftping the folder of xbmc to my f folder, i was told to make a new folder on the f drive of the xbox and name it apps, but it doesnt let me create such a folder,im stuck

7. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

you also have to make sure that your evox.ini (If you use evox) has the correct path set to the dvd player of your choice
    Use dvdxr (dongle free) for the ability to play movies with your pad

8. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

the easiest way is to get littlejonnys auto installer, and install the apps, it has xbmc on it

9. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

dj boogie i downloaded xbmc, extracted the files with winrar, and was left with xbmc folder, now how am i suppose to transfer this folder to the xbox via ftp?? ive tried double clicking on the F drive, than when i get to =Parental directory, i right click and try to make a new folder named "Apps" and thinking theres where ill transfer my xbmc folder to, the only problem is that flash fxp, isnt letting me create a new folder nor transfer the xbmc folder to my xbox... im stuck, can you help, or anyone?