1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I play NTSC-J games on a NTSC PS2?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Wrath03, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Wrath03

Wrath03 Member

Hello, I just purchased Strikers 1945 I & II for my PStwo. I want to know if there is any way in which I can play this game, or any imported game for that matter, without having to open up my console, because I purchased a 2-year warranty, and who would want it to go to waste?

2. gillies

gillies Regular member

swapmagic and slide card

3. Wrath03

Wrath03 Member

Are you certain it will work with the new PStwo (aka mini ps2)? If it's of any help, my model is: SCPH-70012.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]"Getting posts is easy, getting respect is hard." -bruzer18

"Of all follies there is none greater than wanting to make the world a better place." -Molière[/small]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2004
  4. Wrath03

Wrath03 Member

So is there any hope of anyone being kind enough to offer at least some form of advice?

5. ddrhazy

ddrhazy Member

Modchip your PStwo with one of the 3 new modchips coming out for it, matrix, crystal, and dms4. Then you can play all the imports, and backups you want. You won't regret it, and you won't have to deal with pulling tricky @#%@ everytime you want to play an import.

Dunno what to tell you about the insurance policy. Maybe you'll luck out and your PStwo will never break or if it does break they won't check to see if your PStwo has been opened previously. Where'd you buy your PStwo at?

6. Wrath03

Wrath03 Member

I bought my PStwo at an EBGames. I bought the warranty with it because the clerk told me that it runs too hot because of the lack of a fan. And it is very true. Now, I don't play it for any longer than an hour, don't want to risk overheating it.
    And thanks a lot for replying and giving me all that information. I did what the forum rules require me to do, I searched the forum to see if my answer had been answered previously, and it has, but it involves opening the console, thus voiding the warranty. I just got one answer. Now 2! Again, a million thanks.
    I just hope in time there will be a way to play imports without opening it up. If such a way is not found, I guess my last resort is to open it up. *sigh*

7. ddrhazy

ddrhazy Member

Overheating? Eh. It's a new system, I don't know if it aspirates well or not or if it has overheating problems.

I haven't played too much with it, other than playing dvd movies and leaving the ps2 on over night, though it seemed fine in the morning.

8. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

wrath03 there is a fan in the new slimline ps2, you just can't see it like you could with the old model, check out the images of the inside of the new ps two here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/110188 and at this moment in time there is no type of mod avalible for use on the new ps2 that you can use without opening up your unit