1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I repair this VOB file?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by EJX, Apr 9, 2004.

1. EJX

EJX Guest

I have a LD movie copied to DVD+R done with Philips DVDR 80A. The movie plays fine in its entirety on any DVD player and computer DVD.
    Heres my problem: In the main Video_ts folder, 5 VOB file were created, all with segments of the movie. The fith VOB file can not and will not copy. Everything I've used comes up as an error pertaining to something wrong with that file. 83% done seems to be the magic number. Using a few different programs, Iv'e tracked down to where the point of the reading error is. How can I manually fix this, even if I have to cut a few seconds out of the file?
    Ive accually converted the file to an mpg but it cuts off at the error point. Did Philips do something I didnt know? Has anyone had this problem? Thanks

2. whassup

whassup Regular member

Sounds like an error on your DVD+R. Since it's a backup, you should have no trouble with it.

3. EJX

EJX Guest

Accually, its my only copy on DVD. And I dont have access to the recorder anymore. :-( I cant figure out why it plays fine but is screwed when trying to handle it in data form. Thanks for the reply though.

4. bob-mitch

bob-mitch Member

Hi ejx
    had any joy got the same problem