1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I rip PS2 ISOs?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by CDEHunter, Jan 24, 2005.

1. CDEHunter

CDEHunter Member

Hi All,
    I have managed to make an ISO image off of my PS2 games (legally purchased at retail price!) and I would like to know how can I "disassemble" this ISO image, so I can use a patch file in order to make it to run off of my HDD that I have installed on my PS2.

My conditions:

* I am using HDLoader and PCX CD Exploit method to install my game collection to PS2's HDD.

* My PS2 is NOT fitted with a MOD Chip.

* I have successfully managed to FTP from my PC to my
    PS2, using ExecFTPs (v0.69) and FlashFXP.

Questions:

1 - Where do I find (I mean what directory, on my PS2's HDD) all of these installed games? (All I see is /hdd/0/ then in that sub-directory, there are some 2~4MB files and no actual game files (like Xbox file structure)

2 - Can I use an ISO ripper to " disassemble " the ISO file, use a patch program to patch this dismantled ISO and send all of them back to PS2's HDD?

As you can see, I don't have a MOD Chip installed on my PS2, so I need to find a method to transfer this ISO to my PS2's HDD via my PC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you can put the hd in your pc and transfer with winhiip or hdl dumb.

3. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

IsoBuster is a great program that will let you dig in the iso image