1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW CAN I RIP SOUND FILES FROM A PS2 GAME

Discussion in 'PS2' started by gmaskfilm, Mar 8, 2007.

1. gmaskfilm

gmaskfilm Member

How do you rip a sound file from a game. What software do you need to "taka apart" a playstaion 2 game and secondly are those files separated on the disk like they are on many computer games, for a little school project I am looking for some sound effects that are used in Socom games and would love to just rip them. Thanks in advance...

GMF

2. teartray

teartray Member

Hi.
    I'm not sure how you would break the disc down to access the files or even if it can be done at all. They way I would do it is use a phono adaptor that will allow you to put the red and white phono plugs of the playstation rf lead into and then the other end of the adaptor should be a small jack that you could then put into the mic input or line input of your sound card. Then use a good sound software such as Sony Soundforge to record the sound. You would also need to go to the advance settings of the volume controls in the control panel and set the recording input to your chosen input (mic, line etc).
    If you have a decent soundcard, you may be able to plug the red and white plugs straight into it without the need of the adaptor.
    Hope this helps.

3. Ravener

Ravener Member

The audio out option will only work if you can isolate the sound you're looking for in game, otherwise check this out.

Zophar's Domain (www.zophar.net) has a utilities page full of great ripping programs...

PSound -
    v1.33

This is actually written to be used with PS1 games, but I've used it myself to pull things off of PS2 games as well, though I won't guarantee it to work with all PS2 games.

MFAudio 1.1- v1.1

"This tool allows you to play, convert, and downsample audio files that use some of the more common formats among PS2 games. It can be used to reduce the size of music in DVD rips, replace the music with something else you prefer, or simply play the music from your favorite games."

-I just found this while looking for PSound and am going to give a try to remake the remixed ver. of Street Fighter 3 I had for Dreamcast years ago. Sounds like it should do the trick for you, too.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2007
  4. Ace_2

Ace_2 Regular member

Has anyone tried the above method with Midway Arcade Treasures 3? I need to replace both music and sound effects(those who own it an have played the original arcade San Francisco Rush The Rock and then the one in Midway Arcade Treasures 3 will know what I mean).