1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I stop all these security alert questions?

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Shinraboy, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Shinraboy

Shinraboy Regular member

Hi, i just got a laptop with Vista. But eveything I do, it asks me if i really want to do it (Allow?) How can I stop this?! Im the only user on the laptop. Thanks

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Return it to the shop as unsatisfactory, and demand a replacement with a proper operating system on it.. Not one that treats you as a pirate and a criminal !! If they say they can't do that then demand a full refund and take your cash somewhere that will. Vista is not compulsory, they just want everybody to think it is. You are actually paying for it, if you don't want it you don't have to have it... Check consumer trading/protection laws and anti-competition/monopoly laws for where you live. It's a bit of an eye opener.

Not helpful? Sorry, I'm a free thinking Luddite! Vista is a disgrace and should never be forced on consumers the way it is being right now by retailers, probably because there is a big M$ kickback for every unit sold.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2007
  3. Shinraboy

Shinraboy Regular member

well vista came preloaded on it. is it possible to install XP?

4. Sandwich1

Sandwich1 Guest

Yes, you can install XP if you want. ..I get those permission things as well. I think it's because my profile (and probaply yours too) are admin. Create an ordinary user profile and see if you get those messages through the ordinary user profile. ...but then you'll have to switch betwen profiles all the time (if it works) to do "major" operations.

5. joeboro

joeboro Member

it bugged me after a while, whenever i moved, copied or installed anything, it prompts u 2 or 3 times, got so annoying.

To fix - go to control panel, user account settings, theres a feature called UAC (User Account Control), Turn it off, reboot and it stops prompting you.

6. Sandwich1

Sandwich1 Guest

I can't find it in mine^^...screenshots if you can?

7. joeboro

joeboro Member