1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I take audio off a track to make it an instrumental song?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by DPUMA8, May 13, 2007.

1. DPUMA8

DPUMA8 Regular member

Hello everyone. I am in the market for a sound editing program since I have been asked to make some football recruiting videos for some college players. I have songs picked out but most of them have cuss words or are political in nature which doesn't go with a football video.

Is there software that has the ability to break down an mp3 file between a vocal track, drums, bass, and guitar for example? If it doesn't, do you know of other software that can do this?

How do radio station bleep out certain words or how do DJ's extract certain sounds from a song?

2. akaangus

akaangus Regular member

There is nothing I know of that can do that.

Traktor Pro is able to fairly seamlessly loop music so that could be used to *sort of* create an instrumental.

For the radio, the studios produce a radio edit that drops the words while maintaining the beats because of course, they have access to the original tracks. Maybe you could try and acquire those songs by searching for the title and radio?

3. undine

undine Regular member

4. tyrantdj

tyrantdj Regular member

There is no software that will take out vocals from music, or seperate into different instruments. The frequencies in vocals is really complexed and vary in freq. range cutting these from an audio track would also remove parts of the music track.

Bleeping out curse words, would be your best option