1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how can i transfer ps3 game from pc to ps3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by dhhhahhh, Feb 4, 2009.

1. dhhhahhh

dhhhahhh Guest

i want to buy ps3 but i just want to known can i transfer my ps3 game from my pc because i have one ps3 game in my pc i download it can any body just let me known did able to transfer my from pc to ps3 using my flash drive if its tell me how
    thank you
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. ibizagti

ibizagti Regular member

Did you download the game from the PS Store ( i dont even kow if you can download PS3 games from the store via PC yet???)?

If not, you will not be able to play the game anyway.
  4. dhhhahhh

dhhhahhh Guest

thank you but i am not download my game from ps3 store
    but i am not able to transfer my game by flash drive in any way
  5. KajNrig

KajNrig Regular member

What, you mean you downloaded an iso of an actual PS3 game? As in a rip of the blu-ray disc?

If that's the case, then no, you can't play it on your PS3.
  6. adge93

adge93 Member

Far as my logic goes that you cant dump iso so they work or transfer games from pc to ps3 but give it time you will be able to
  7. ps3guy_09

ps3guy_09 Member

basically i done this already and you can do it fine. I got a blu ray laptop and i copied the disk (not an ISO) from my laptop, compressed it, then stuck it on a portable HDD and stuck it on my ps3. my ps3 is runnin ydl at the moment you might want to know. I unzipped the folder in root and the game exe. appeared and I booted it up fine. ooorrrrr im guessing here u might be able to do the same on the ps3 xmb os. Its worth a try mate becuase if it works then you're sorted.
    hope it helps. if not just instal YDL.
  8. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

I think you misread,he wants to play a PS3 ISO on his PS3,he dosnt want to play a PC game on his PS3.

Firstly,you can copy the game to the PS3's HDD,via Linux,this will not accomplish anything,it will be a useless file,a waste of space.

Secondly,any PS3 game on the internet,if downloaded is a waste of bandwidth,these games are useless as they will never play on the PS3,even when or if the console gets circumvented.
  9. ps3guy_09

ps3guy_09 Member

i think i mistyped actually. I went to the old ps3 OS after fidling with the linux and the console recognised the game fine. and it wasnt a PC game it was guitar hero for ps3 that i copied onto my ps3. my blu ray drive had broken on my old ps3 so i was spending all day trying to put the games over without a disk drive.
  10. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

I think you must have been dreaming,as that isnt possible on a reatil PS3,you cannot download games from the internet and play them on your PS3,you can copy games you own via your PS3 using SAK but you cannot play them,just so your clear,you did not play a back up of a PS3 game as it is not possible.
  11. MetalGeat

MetalGeat Regular member

smh
  12. brad1798

brad1798 Member

woah woah woah back up there i can copy games i have onto my ps3? how???
  13. liamrabey

liamrabey Regular member

No Brad - you cannot do this!
  14. brad1798

brad1798 Member

i was just wondering because of this post he/she(sorry but idk what sex you are) says using SAK you can.
  15. brad1798

brad1798 Member

o i guess i skipped a part of it he/she(sry again) says you can copt it on there but u cant play it=/ that sucks i was gonna put cod waw on my ps3 so i dont have to put the disk in every time lol