1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can U tell if a used 360 has been flashed?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by bhpcrew, Jun 11, 2007.

1. bhpcrew

bhpcrew Member

I just bought a used 360 at the mall, and I intend to how it flashed. I try an xbox original and a backup. The only thing the console did was ask for the harddrive that I don't have. My question is whitout having a xbox360 backup on hand. How can you tell if a used 360 has been flashed already.

2. Usfgeek

Usfgeek Member

It plays backup games =]

You could check to see if the warranty sticker has been removed, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's been flashed...

3. bhpcrew

bhpcrew Member

My question is whitout having a xbox360 backup on hand. How can you tell if a used 360 has been flashed already.I looked for to see if the sticker was removed. I'm trying to get a backup disc to test it. Is there a screen that shows up with a flashed console. Thanks for your response.

4. Usfgeek

Usfgeek Member

Nope, there is no possible way of telling if a console is flashed without a copied disc.

5. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

you could try if you know how to view the xbox 360 log file to check whether the console has been launched without the drive attached as this is a primary sign of flashing.

6. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Is the sticker ON????

7. bhpcrew

bhpcrew Member

Thank you all i'll check again

8. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

I dont think you know where the sticker is at,just in case its under the faceplate(silver with Microsoft written on it)check if it is still in good condition

9. bhpcrew

bhpcrew Member

I'm working on getting that backup. Someone told in a PM some dvd drives can't be flashed. How can I tell if me is one that can't be flashed.

10. bhpcrew

bhpcrew Member

lecsiy. I'll try what you said to do later on tody.

11. WiganScum

WiganScum Member

The other issue is the 360 could have been reflashed back to original firmware. If this is the case then the back up disc won't work but this still doesn't mean the 360 hasn't been previously flashed.

Connect to Xbox live, this might help, if it's used and someone sold it on after the ban hit and the console is banned then you'll know for sure. If you can't connect to live there's the answer. If you can connect to live then I don't know how you will ever know for certain if it was ever flashed. I suppose in the current climate buying a used 360 is a risky business.

12. jelle2503

jelle2503 Regular member

nice, random idea.. will never work..

just because you read something about MS possibly logging this, doesn't mean they really do it...lol

13. bhpcrew

bhpcrew Member

Thanks everyone. I'm waiting for that back up I ordered. If not flashed I'm sending it out to be. Thanks agian for your input.

14. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

The xbox 360 has a log file. If you can get to it then you can see if it has been launched without a drive! How does that have anything to do with MS?

15. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

if it does have a log file then im definitely gonna be banned in the near future. but im sure people are guessing the 360 has a log file! its not confirmed in anyway. if it did then 99% of ms28 would be banned as like none of them used a external powersource! and hitachi's should have been safer with the external connectivity kit!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007