1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can you burn DVD games with a cd-r... is this possible? or is a myth?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by manifesto, Nov 6, 2003.

1. manifesto

manifesto Guest

ok people this is my problem. i dont have a dvd burner like most of you guys. actually i havent even burned a game yet.im new to this. now ive heard that in order to burn dvd type games i need a dvd burner. sounds logic. but before i go ahead and buy a dvd burner i just wanted to know if the games can still be burn by just using a cd-r? like i said i dont know jack. so be very specific if you decide to help me. since i dont even know how to burn dvd games, its the same scenario with regular games. know i know that cd rom base games are the ones that are purple right? and dvd games are the ones that saids dvd. no shit. sly told me that i can duplicate cd-rom base games just the same way i burn a music cd. is that true? i wouldve tought it was harder. if you were wondering how i play my burn games, i use a gameshark2 to load them and i actually use a thin knive to push the white pin left and right. it works for me and it doesnt damage nothing in my playstation and actually its alot more accurate than the card. oh and the way i got my burn games was thru an ol buddy if mines but he aint around. thats why im here trying to find out how to do it. hopefully you guys help out. i guess my buddy didnt wanna tell how, because he would be losing his $5 dollars i was giving him for each game. that bastard! please guys help. i need to learn this it seems simple, i mean damn nearly all of yall are doing it.

2. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

im not sure, but it sounds like you are talking about games that you do not own, and if that is the case, do not talk about them here. This forum is not for piracy or pirates. If that is what you are indicating, please leave. Just a warning.

3. manifesto

manifesto Guest

first of all im not no pirate. and if i was this would be my ship, cuz all of you are doing shit that aint right. all i wanted to know is if i can make a "back-up" copy of a dvd game with a dvd/cd-rw drive.

4. Eblade

Eblade Member

5. manifesto

manifesto Guest

eblade it didnt work for me .. it said that my tracks werent correct.. on the track menu, i didnt have the green and red circle as shown. i only had a number 1 shown. what does this mean?

6. manifesto

manifesto Guest

does anyone know how to use alcohol 120%?

7. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

to burn a "backup" of a dvd into a cd you need a cd that can hold all the space for a dvd... if a dvd is 700 or 800mb it can be fit into a 90min cd or a 99min cd... theres always that method that called DDCD... but that works on only dvd-rw supported burners.... what it does it doubles the space on a regular cd... and the limits go really high at 1400mb on a 80min cd... so far i didnt try it and im not going to... i got a dvd burner i dont care :D... i burn dvd not dvd on cd lol... so to put it more easy cd goes into a cd and dvd into a dvd... theres a reason why they go like this it's the TOC of each and every one of them... as you know dvd can hold 4.7gb and cd only 703mb... i wont go into warez here so stick with those cd's... then when you get dvd burner burn dvd... for now only about 4 games can be fitted into a cd w/o actualy removing anything apart from a dvd scheme that detects if it's a dvd or cd... but i wont talk about that either i dont want to get banned talking about how to hack games lol.... so take it from me... stick with cd's and it's really easy to copy games try nero direct cd copy works like a charm ^_^

8. manifesto

manifesto Guest

ok... im very happy. here's why. i actually backed up my madden 2002 game in a cd. its the first game ive ever backed up.i used alcohol 120% it did the magic trick for me. i loaded the gameshark2, swapped the games.. and boom that magical ps2 screen came on. i was jumping for joy. since i dont have a dvd burner i cant even mess with those dvd style games for now. but i just wanted to thank all of you boys and girls that helped me thru the whole process. at first i tought i was never going to do this but with patience and different types of program failures i found the program that worked the easiest for me in this case being alcohol 120%. again ill like rto thank everyone that helped me out. cyprien u make sense. i guess cd-rom with cdrom writers and dvd goes with dvd writers. now if i can only get help on what dvd writer is well worth the money.. anyone with ideas let me know..

9. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

I have to agree with DraTs that it does sound "fishy".

Please don't assume everyone here does bad things, especially just because someone posted a reply in which they comment on the first quote above. You are not in any trouble but will be watched from now on for the safety of the forum.

10. manifesto

manifesto Guest

alright alright... jeeez i apologize for my dumb mouth. please do forgive me i didnt know what i was talking about. go ahead people throw your rocks at me

11. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

to burn dvd-r or dvd movies try pionner A05 or A04... they also called 104 105 also try the A06 or the 106... the 104/105 burn dvd-r/rw and a06/106 burn dvd+r/rw and dvd-r/rw they all cost from 150 to 250... depends on model and they burn pefrect backups with good tools.. i got me a05 for about 9 months now and it works great... makes every back up from cd's to dvd's... hope this helps you with the back ups

12. jjandran

jjandran Member

Do a little research, It's very easy to backup any PS2 game.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2003
  13. Eblade

Eblade Member

hmmmmmm......try going to the cdrwin website for tech support or aspi drivers...amybe you need em........BTW i should mention i had problems on windows ME and bellow