1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can you edit scenes from dvds

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by jimers, Feb 5, 2005.

1. jimers

jimers Member

Hi im a total newb.Iv managed to copy some dvds with dvdxcopy platinium, and I just down loaded shrink. How can i convert dvd scenes to use a program like pinacle video editing software. What I want to do is make movie clips of different movies to put on one disk.

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Well, Pinnacle is an "authoring" program, so you might have gotten a better response in the authoring forum. Sorry, but I don't use Pinnacle, so I cannot help you there. Supposing you can create your clips with Pinnacle, can it compile them into dvd format?

Since you have copied the dvds to hard disk, an easy way to get the clips you want would be with MPEG2Cut. (If the clip spans two VOBS, just create two clips, and name them so you can keep them in the right order for joining later.)

Once you have the clips, you need some way to convert them to dvd format. I happen to use NeroVision Express for that, but there are lots of other applications to use.