1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How come my xbox only allows me to use 120 gigs of my 160 gig hd? Is it my bios?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by dirtyvr6, Nov 21, 2004.

1. dirtyvr6

dirtyvr6 Member

im using an xecuter 2 bios , I have a 160 gig hd and my xbox only allows me to use 120 of it , is it possiable that my bios could be causing this. If i were to change my bios would I lose everything I have on my xbox?

2. Squiggles

Squiggles Member

There are 2 versions of the X2 bios. one is .06 and the other is .67. The first (.06) is for one large F partition and the second (.67) is for an F partition upto 137gigs and the rest of the space goes to a G partition. When you formatted the HDD did you set it up for the Bios you were going to use?

3. dirtyvr6

dirtyvr6 Member

Yeah i think I have the .67 one because I have like 22 gigs on my G drive , but the G drive is not useable , like i cant play games off of it , I can only use it as temp storage , is there a way I can get this G drive to be used like my F drive or c drive to play games , videos off of?

4. Squiggles

Squiggles Member

You'll need to go into your dash settings and turn the G Partition on. It is usually set to off in the the settings. Or you can just use the .06 Bios instead and that will put it all on F for you. It is actually better I think to have one large F instead of a F and G but it is all what you like personally.

5. dirtyvr6

dirtyvr6 Member

Can I make the change without losing the contents of my hd?

6. Squiggles

Squiggles Member

I don't believe you will lose what's in the G:\if you turn it on in the Dash Settings. Just don't reformat it or you will lose everything. You can FTP the contents of G:\ to your computer and once you get it set up you can FTP them back into G:\