1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How come no one has my problem? :S

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Smoothguy, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Smoothguy

Smoothguy Guest

A week ago my house suffered a power outage. My playstation 2 had the standby light on. After that it doesn't turn on AT ALL. No light, nothing. I want help from you guys to locate the problem and repair it if possible. I don't want to buy a replacement, i just wanna know the problem so i can fix it.
    Thanks

2. Smoothguy

Smoothguy Guest

Please help me guys, i really need help here.

3. Smoothguy

Smoothguy Guest

Why is my problem so rare and so hard to reply to?! Come on people, at least say something!

4. gunnerx45

gunnerx45 Member

It maybe because of a busted fuse. Is it really dead set? No fan? No red/green/blue light?

5. Smoothguy

Smoothguy Guest

Thanks for replying. No, there's no light at all.

6. raiderj

raiderj Regular member

Open up the system and start checking fuses - but it sounds like your power supply died. Check the output with your multimeter. If you don't get 12V, you need a new supply.

7. phoball

phoball Member

yea. most likely your fuse blown. open up your ps2 and check the power supply and you should see if the fuse has blown out. fuses are like $3 for a pack of 4 at radio shack. it should be rated at 4A/125V and i think the size is 5mm/20mm. just bring the fuse, if burnt out, to the store to make sure you gonna get the right fuse.
    btw, i never leave my ps2 on standby.

8. Smoothguy

Smoothguy Guest

Thank you guys. Yeah, I will never leave the standby light on too now.

9. Psycle

Psycle Member

I am having a similar problem. I put a dms4 ezi pro in my PS2 and it worked great for like a month. then i moved ad when i hooked my ps2 up nothing happened. i took it apart and sure enough, the fuse on the power supply was blown. i went out and got more fuses, 3.15amp 250volts. now every time i put one in, it just blows. can anyone help me?