1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How comes come on the male brain must have an answer

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by sparkle, Apr 25, 2002.

1. sparkle

sparkle Guest

I copied alig pal dvd smart ripper then dycrypter then burnt the ts vob files to nero by iso udf it will play on pc not on stand alone which will play cd videos how come what is going wrong please help iam only a women who is learning

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

If you have a DVD-R or DVD+RW writer (DVD-RAM doesn't work) and your movie is smaller than 4.36GB, only software you really need is DVD Decrypter's latest version. Use the Mode menu and select ISO > Read and read the whole thing to your HDD. Then use the same menu, but select Write and pick the ISO file you just created and burn it to DVD.

3. sparkle

sparkle Guest

oh i have a pioneer A03 which iam using so do above then

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Yeah, for A03, use the method provided above, if the movie is less than 4.36GB (otherwise it doesn't fit on DVD-R -- commercial DVD-Video discs have two layers and can fit more data than blank DVD-Rs).

5. sparkle

sparkle Guest

so if its over 4.3GB what do i use or do

It worked i made a copy of ali g out of my collection and it played on my sony dav300 excellent all i need to know now is what if its over 4.3 GB thanks then i can sleep you have been a great help the only one that gave a straight answer cheers.

6. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

If the DVD will not fit on a DVD-R, you may use IfoEdit to strip some data you don't need off the VOB files. Things like unneeded subtitles, audio tracks in several languages, trailers, etc. If this doesn't help you, then you have to re-encode the video. There is an excellent step-by-step on how to use IfoEdit on doom9's web site (http://www.doom9.org/). A very workthwhile reading.

7. sparkle

sparkle Guest

THANKS right one more thing how to put a pal dvd on to 2 seperate discs do i do the same as above dycrpt it then what or do i do something different ad dvd discs are so easy marked thanks

8. sparkle

sparkle Guest

Yes just read it but before i used dycrter and burned with it to play on standalone if i have to dycrypt it first then use isoedit then what do i use to burn it tried nero it would not play on standalone thanks do i have to use aal the other gadgets , or can i use dycrypter then isoedit then burn again

9. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

Well, yes. Decryptor + IfoEdit + burner may be all you need if the original will fit onto a DVD-R after stripping. Otherwise, you need more tools.

You should also be experimenting with a DVD-RW. It's a lot more cost-effective until you get the process right. Nero isn't the friendliest when it comes to this, have a read of this:

http://mpucoder.kewlhair.com/Derrow/nero.html

Do you ever use punctuation in your text? It reads like you're double parked...

10. sparkle

sparkle Guest

Cant be bothered at momment bought house,new car updated my computer fed son,animails, and on here all in days work and you excpect me to punctuate and spell. (smile)