1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Cool It Bitlord!!!

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Cosmo1111, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Cosmo1111

Cosmo1111 Regular member

Ive had ABC, Shareaze, Azureus and Bit Torrent and just got Bitlord. Man its about 4 times after then any of the other programs.

I get about 50-70kbps with it, with the other programs I was getting about 10-30kbps.

Its much much better and you can search torrent websites via the service.

A+++

2. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

what connection r u on?

3. Cosmo1111

Cosmo1111 Regular member

1.5/256 so i get about 170kbps when i download a target file from a website or a program.

Im still in at around 30kbps on most torrent files but some get moving fast.

4. B2D327

B2D327 Regular member

Bitlord is pretty good but remember to run a spyware removal tool after you install it for the first time. It's loaded with it.

5. MRDELL

MRDELL Member

Hi all.
    I've been using BitLord for as long as its been available (v0.56) and i have never found any spyware in it, and i run every spyware program there is.. so i think you should worry about some other program you have downloaded :)

6. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Where can i D/L it?

7. B2D327

B2D327 Regular member

@mrdell

What could be your agenda to imply that running a spyware removal program is bad advice? One should run it whenever you dl a new program and scan it for viruses too. You'd probably say it's ok to download from warez sites too. You're an asset to AD with your invaluable help.

8. Cosmo1111

Cosmo1111 Regular member

9. beukerm

beukerm Member

You do realized that BitLord is a complete ripoff of BitComet (http://www.bitcomet.com)

10. necronite

necronite Member

how does bit tornado measure up to bitlord/bitcomet? I have been using tornado since it replaced shadow's experimental client and have been quite happy with it. Before that I used BT++ which i didn't like at all.

11. MRDELL

MRDELL Member

@ B2D327
    Um.. i never said running spyware removal programs was bad.. quite the oposite, i have every program there is and i have never found anything after installing BitLord.

I said there must be some other program you have installed that is giving you spyware.

Thanks

12. B2D327

B2D327 Regular member

To "say" and to "imply" are two different words. I said it's loaded with spyware; no big deal. Running a spyware removal tool will fix that. You obviosly have and removed whatever spyware came with it,possibly older stuff that's already been quarantined by your programs. To say it was probably from another program is to imply that it has none. Fortunately, I've read about the spyware that comes with it on numerous forums and felt that sharing that info might be helpful to other members.

13. fartknuck

fartknuck Member

hey B2D327, it's Medula Oblongata. Aside from that, what spyware did you find in bitlord? just wondering becuase I would like to know, but do not want to install it if it contains spyware regardless of how easy it is to remove.

14. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

IF you want a real BT program, get Azureus. I get up to 300 kb/s on it.

15. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

@ beukerm

It's not a complete rip off, I's a remake. It has no type of spyware/Adware whatsoever, and it's not banned from trackers.

-Mike

16. Cosmo1111

Cosmo1111 Regular member

It is a rip on Bitcomet (if Bitcomet was made first) who I dont give a crap because which is faster?

Bitlord. Its an improved version of Bitcomet

17. mickK

mickK Regular member

well for one thing if it is using the same code as Bitcoment then it still is a ripoff of it no matter how you say if it was changed or not. sense it seems to be a ripoff of bitcoment people should not trust it. if your looking for a good bittorrent program get azureus it is fast and reliable torrent program and it is not a ripoff of any other torrent programs.

18. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Who cares to be honest,whatever program gives you decent speeds then stick with it.I have been using Bitlord,and haven't found any spyware.I do scans on spyware all the time with tons of spyware removers including website scans.Spyware doesn't always come from programs also,might want to keep this in consideration.It can come from websites,which can put spyware on your computer without you knowing it.Sure Bitlord uses Bitcomet file association and some of the interface,but it is a tweaked version.It really isn't the same as BitComet if you ask me,because they really are both different.Like I said before though,whatever works the best for you then stick with it.