1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do bitttorents work

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by dude845, Apr 1, 2005.

1. dude845

dude845 Regular member

i have looked at bittorents and am so confussed do you need a program to use them, is this an of the site download i don't know can some one explane full and detaled how they work, thank you very much to any 1 you responds bye now scinseraly dude845

2. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

3. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

congrats on the senior member status venXo5 sorry its a bit late but i have just noticed. How is using bt working out for you and what the quality of the files that you are downloading like?

4. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Thanks kyle! Hopefully soon, you will get your Senior Member status. It really doesn't mean much, except that I have ALOT of free time on my hands! LMAO!!!!

It's cool, I actually hadn't noticed for a couple of days too!

It is working ok...been having some slight tracker issues as of late, but the stuff that I did get, I ported over to dvd, and I have to say, that I am VERY happy with the results. I have only d/l'ed about 5 things so far, because I am kinda looking for specific things.

Well that is a good question! I only choose the dvdrip quality movies, because I am still learning about the audio and video extraction process. It is kinda time consuming, but the dvdrip ones, are, as the name implies, right from the dvd. And those are of great quality! So if you are searching for stuff, definately look for the dvdrip's.

;P

5. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

Yeah i am just getting into the whole bt thing myself, but it looks like an untapped resource to me. I still have loads to learn aboutit though. How many posts did it take for you to reach senior status? not that it matters but just out of curiosity?

keep up the good work man!!

6. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Hey kyle,

It takes about 500 or so to reach senior status. It really doesn't mean much, except that you have alot of free time on your hands!

But here is all the information if you want to know all the numbers:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/102943

;)