1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do create an IMAGE.dvd file ????

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by stephen02, May 15, 2007.

1. stephen02

stephen02 Guest

Hi there i have the need for speed carbon iso but every time i burn it it dosent play, my m8 reconds i should make an IMAGE.dvd file and burn it through clone cd as a control file , He says they should have a layerbreak and name or something, anyway hes on holiday this month and i dont know how to burn this file , using the verbatim dl disks and burning at 1x to be safe. Does anyone know how to make this file. Thanks

( This is my first post and im kinda a noob so go easy guys and make it simple for me to understand, lots of stuff i still dont understand)

2. steimy

steimy Active member

you don't need a .dvd file at all. Just the ISO file. I burn just the ISO file all the time and they all work fine.

I use IMGburn V2.1
    I set the layer break in IMGburn manually
    tools-->settings-->write-->layer break. Check user specified and set it to 1913760. Click ok and burn as normal. This is only necessary the first time burning a 360 game
    Then burn the ISO at 4X on a Verbatim DVD+R DL (2x to 6x) and i always set my burner to booktype them as DVD-Rom. (some burners can not booktype discs)

not had a game yet that did not work doing this.

3. stephen02

stephen02 Guest

Thanks ill try and let u know

4. steimy

steimy Active member

OK, i'll be around about another 1/2 hour or so.

5. stephen02

stephen02 Guest

Hey , it was better this time but still didnt work, i burnt it with this software and it gets to the first loading bit and says that the disk is dirty or damaged, any ideas.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

did you burn it at 4X or 1X?
    I see above you were doing them at 1X, I do all mine at 4X which works great on my Verbatim discs that have a 6X max.
    Other than that it could be out of date firmware on your DVD burner
    a DVD burner that just can't booktype media
    A DVD burner that may be on it's last leg
    Or your DVD drive in the 360 just has some problems with reading discs.

7. stephen02

stephen02 Guest

Hi em its datawrite not verbs i have, thought it was lol, got dead rising and burned it and it gets to the menu and when u select 72 hour mode it says disk unreadable, can i do a straight copy of a backup i have that was burned with this pc and see if its the burner or disks, cant be the 360 bn playin my backup of crackdown all day lol.

8. steimy

steimy Active member

it may be the discs more than anything. Datawrite are ok, but not nearly as good as Verbatim. Making a back up of a working disk should work fine. If you back up one that doesn't work them there is no telling. It depends why it didn't work. If it is the disc that is the problem, and the 360 has trouble reading it, but it has all then info and was made right. Then backing that disc up to a different brand may work fine. I have done that with PS2 games before.

9. stephen02

stephen02 Guest

Hey i did a straight copy of crackdwon and it worked fine,well until it started playing mission videos then the xbox made a wierd noise and the disk error came up, used my sony drive to burn dead rising and it worked for a little while as well, must be the disks, do u know where to get verbs at decent prices, not paying alot for em. Thanks for your help also

10. steimy

steimy Active member

dual layer are just expensive. But the best places i know are online, like supermediastore.com
    They are $39.99 for 20 or $75.60 for 40
    But do have free shipping, plus no tax online as that is claimed on your tax return these days.
    the same discs at Best Buy are $49.99 + tax for 20

i would check for firmware updates for your burner and try that first though, just in case. It can really help with burn quality and media compatibility. I have seen that alone solve the problem, plus it is free to try and you already have those discs so one more couster is only wasting about $2

Last edited: May 16, 2007
  11. stephen02

stephen02 Guest

Hey i got verbs`very cheap ( guy at my dads work bought em by accident , he bought 20 disks and wanted rid of em fast for $10 )
    I was well chuffed, anyway i burn dead rising and neef for speed carbon and then worked perfect and then i got splinter cell double agent and it played perfect 2, will be buying these disks more often if they are this good.