1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do do downgrade 2.60? Or where can I get a chip or something?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by vinny13, Jun 23, 2007.

1. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

I just bought a used PSP and i'm assuming that the firmware version is 2.60(system software). Can some one tell me where I can get an easy to follow guide or just a site that sells chips cheap(in canadian)? That would be nice!

And I've searched for sites on google.... I don't get much.

Thanks!

2. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

why assume? just check. go to settings>system settings>system information, and read system software.

3. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

Well I was expecting it to say Firmware Version not System Software lol. Now I know :)

4. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Lucky for you, you don't need a chip! You can update to 2.71 and then downgrade using the easy downgrader. First check if you have a TA-082 motherboard:
    http://pspupdates.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/56713/ta82spot1.jpg
    Then after you figure out if you have one or not, pick the right downgrader:
    http://dl.qj.net/index.php?pg=19&src=downgrader&catid=114&go.x=0&go.y=0
    Oh and here's a link so you can update to 2.71:(The update goes in PSP/GAME/UPDATE. You might have to rename it to EBOOT.PBP if it already isn't named that.
    http://dl.qj.net/Firmware-2.71-PSP/pg/12/fid/8046/catid/163
    Good Luck.

5. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

Whats the chance of getting bricked?

And the text MUST be on the right side for it to be a TA-082 board right(to be sure, I'm a little nervous lol)? Because I have text like that on the left that's a little hidden.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2007
  6. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

Oh ya and which downgrader do I download? Besides the TA-082 one(s), there's 3 2.71 downgraders....

Which one is the safest I guess...

7. PYF

PYF Member

Use this downgrader for 2.71 to 1.5:

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/755

This is the one i used and it worked like a charm. Make sure you read carefully and follow instructions.

8. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

it depends on the motherboard that your psp have ,if you have a pink psp is a ta-086 motherboard

one downgrader is for ta-082 and ta-086 motherboards

the other it's for ta-079 and ta-081 motherboards

downgrader guides
    http://forums.qj.net/f-guides-hacks...er-guide-all-downgradable-firmware-90919.html

9. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

I have text on the left that's kind of hdden, does that mean that I have a TA-079 or a TA-081?

And what are the chances of getting bricked with these downgraders? Lol this thing cost me a PS2 Slim, 7 games, a dvd remote and $65.00, and the PSP is used!

10. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

wow, u got ripped off. anyway, if u have hidden text on the LEFT HAND SIDE, it is ta-079 to ta-081, and u need to use the GENERIC downgrader. if there was text on the RIGHT HAND SIDE, that IS NOT HIDDEN, use the ta-082 downgrader.

11. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

HUGE RIP OFF! But I had 2 PS2's(kept the fatty) and the games I sold, if I ever want to play them again, I'll just cogswap :)

Thanks for ironing that out for me :)

12. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

The text on the left is doesn't mean anything, the text in the top right means it's a ta-082. It has to be there for it to be a ta-082.

13. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

ok what's safer: 2.60-2.71-downgrade or 2.60-2.80-downgrade?

Someone just told me that it's better to downgrade form 2.80 instead of 2.71.

This is confusing :S

14. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

No 2.71 is easier. 2.80 downgrader is the least stable.

15. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

16. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

generic

17. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

Ok thanks to everyone that helped me. If I need anymore help, I'll make a new topic or something...

Now all I need is a memory stick so I can get things started(pfft like I'm gonna pay $150.00 for a 4gb card).

18. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

Finally got card! Yay.

Now that I'm trying to update to 2.71, it says that the .PHB or whatever has to be put in the /PSP/Game/Update. I have no /Game/Update. The only thing under /PSP is /SAVEDATA. What do I do?

*Oops, never saw that... I just had to format the memory stick!

** Ok I created a folder and called it UPDATE and put the EBOOT update for 2.71 in it. Now how do I get it to update?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2007
  19. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

Ok I figured that out... Now for the downgrading...

I'm using the Generic Downgrader, and I'm a little confused. Do I go into the MS_ROOT, copy PSP and replace the PSP folder on my PSP with that, and then just copy and paste the folder SRC beside the MS_ROOT and PSP folders on my PSP?

20. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest