1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i add an avi file to an avi file

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by nutorious, Mar 22, 2005.

1. nutorious

nutorious Member

ok i have created my own avi file "bec.avi" but i want to add it to "film.avi". So when i finnally get round burning it to disk, when i put the dvd in the dvd player i want "bec.avi" to automatticly come up and play and then once that has finished i want "film.avi" to automaticly play...Do you know what i mean..so basicly i want to add "Bec.avi" file in front of "film.avi"

Im not quite sure what board i have to put this in...

2. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

If you want to merge those 2 avi files and make them playable on a DVD player, you can use VSO DivXtoDVD.

http://www.vso-software.fr/

This will take your .AVI files, as many as you want, and convert them all to DVD files (.IFO /.VOB).

Then burn those as a Video-DVD with your favorite DVD Burning software.

If you just want to merge them together and keep them as an .AVI file, I know VirtualDUB can do that for ya.

Found in an other post:

You can easilly Join these 2 AVI files using "Virtual-Dub" ...This is How you do it...First Run Virtual-Dub and Load in AVI file Part 1 , Then go to "Video" and set it to "Direct Stream Copy" and then go to "Audio" and set it to "Direct stream copy" (If you got an message when Loading in the AVI file that the audio is VBR then set it to "Full Processing Mode") Now go to "file" to "Append AVI Segment" and then Load in Part 2....Now just go to "file" to "save as AVI" and Give the File a Name and save it and in a Few Minutes it will join the 2 AVI files into One File....

Enjoy...

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005
  3. nutorious

nutorious Member

This will take your .AVI files, as many as you want, and convert them all to DVD files (.IFO /.VOB).

Yer but once i have both of my files as VOB/IFO i dont know how to merge them togther because when i try add them in the same folder it will say something like "video.vob already exsists would you like to create over them"!?

4. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

If you are talking about VSO DivxToDVD, do not convert 1 file at a time.

Convert both files at the same time, it will merge them for ya.

Select the 1st file, then click open again, and select the 2nd file, THEN convert !