1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I add "Filler" Files to DVD Video

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Nekrosis, Sep 7, 2003.

1. Nekrosis

Nekrosis Guest

My set top player is fussy about the size of written DVD-R as it is an older grundig.
    If i have a movie of anything under 3.9 gb then it will not play. All media give the same problem and it is a documented fact of the dvd player. i want to back up movies which are smaller after re-authoring in dvd shrink. but they dont play. how can i get around this problem.

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

There is the option to add two films on one DVD-R w/ the new version of DVD2One 1.30

Just use the join option & set output filesize to 4450mb (I can burn 4470mb but some burners will not allow this)_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    I give you all these seed bearing plants & 'erbs to use...[/small]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2003
  3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I got a succesful burn at 4490MB

4. koola

koola Guest

Buy a new DVD player as all of the newer models support alot more. You could probs pick a top line for under £120 from ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/

5. herbsman

[bold]Yamada DVX-6100 DivX Multi-region DVD Player [/bold]

A good player for £89:99 as it plays DivX & even XviD !!

Technical Data

Specs and general information -
    Running discs: CD-Audio, CD-Video, S-Video, MP3-CD, MP3-DVD, JPEG-CD, JPEG-DVD
    Formats: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX 3.11, DivX 4.x, DivX 5.x, Xvid
    Audio: Dolby Digital, DTS

Interfaces –
    Video: S-Video, composite Video, Scart
    Audio: Stereo, Coaxial, 5.1 Channel Output

Aspect ratio: 4:3 normal, 4:3 letterbox and 16:9
    TV Systems: NTSC and PAL
    Colour: Silver

Setup-Menu -
    General Setup: TV Display / Angle Mark / OSD Language / Captions / ScreenSaver
    Speaker Setup: Downmix (LT/RT/Stereo)
    Audio Setup: SPDIF Output / Dual/Mono / Compression
    Preferences: TV Type / Video Output / Audio / Subtitle / Disc Menu / Parental / Password / Defaults / SmartNavi

Package Content -
    Remote Control
    Batteries
    Video Cable (Yellow)
    Audio Cable (red & white)
    Manual

Dimensions: 43 x 24,5 x 5,2 cm

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...51041/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2_2/026-3609318-0278067

6. Nekrosis

Nekrosis Guest

No offence but recomending a new dvd player is not a solution regardless of the price. The problem is a technical one. i have managed to bypass it once by merely dumping other VOB files onto the disc and thereby creating a non compliant disc under the standard. the question is how do i do this in a more legit and compliant fashion. Whilst i do appreciate the shopping tips i already have 3 dvd players and am not looking for another right now, and if i were i would choose it on the basis of quality and not price, and of course compliancy.

7. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I tend to disagree. My old RCA stand alone was causing a few different issues with my DVD-R's. I came to the realization that my 5 year old player just didn't have what it takes to deal with 21st century technology.

I do understand that you want to be able to "fill" the disc with null info to make it work with your player. It's just that most of us don't have the problem of discs being too small; usually the issue is the discs are too big. It may be extremely difficult to find software to do what you want.

And if you do find a solution; how many hours will it have taken you? And how much is your time worth?

8. herbsman

Nekrosis

Did you try the first suggestion I made of trying to fill your disc by joining extra VOB's onto your project using DVD2One 1.30 ?

[ until you show that you have at least tried that method above I feel I have every right thru freedom of speech to suggest other options ]

Thought that was what I had done : review tech spec of Yamada Player
    (no need to convert DivX / Xvid etc , just burn as data & fit shitloads onto one disc)

9. Nekrosis

Nekrosis Guest

Not a bad point however it still leaves me with my problem. I do have other players that work with the disks i am just trying to guarantee compatibility across the greates range of options that i can.

10. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

One other thing.... check the compatability here: http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php

Sometimes the info there isn't always correct, but at least you can find out if others with your exact type of DVD player have had similar problems. And you can help others by posting your results.

11. mlongoh

mlongoh Member

You can always try adding an AUDIO_TS folder and filling it with whatever you want to fill the space.