1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i backup divx to dvd disc

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by friktion, Dec 3, 2004.

1. friktion

friktion Member

hi guys.. im wondering how would i backup my divx files onto my dvd disc's.. what software would i need etc.

any help would be appreciated

thanks

2. LinCathy

LinCathy Member

Last edited: Dec 14, 2004
  3. LinCathy

LinCathy Member

4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

:)

from the title, what you're really saying is that you want to burn your divx video onto a dvd.

nero will do that. any burning software will :)

5. friktion

friktion Member

do you no what version of nero i would need? i have nero 6 ultra edition.. and its confusing the hell out of me.

thanks guys

6. tdu

tdu Member

If you are just wanting to backup the files onto a DVD, any program that can burn a "Data DVD" will work. Burning a data DVD is pretty much the same as backing up a bunch of files onto a CDR. You drag them all onto the window and hit burn.

If you are looking to convert them so they can't be watched on a DVD player, that's a whole other matter though. But a plain backup is pretty simple.

7. friktion

friktion Member

is there a way of putting more then one *.avi file onto a dvd disc to play in my dvd player with nero? i have several home movies and i want them all on the one disc?

thanks again

8. tdu

tdu Member

I use a Mac, but with Toast I just select "DVD-Video" and then drag all the .avi files onto the window (as many as can fit minute wise onto a DVD). It converts them and burns them as a video DVD that plays in my DVD player. I am sure Nero will do the same thing.

Converting Divx to DVD can produce some pretty crappy looking files at times though. You are converting a lossy format to DVD, which just doesn't work well.