1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW do i backup files??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by zavala, Feb 24, 2007.

1. zavala

zavala Member

ok
    first ... i want to backup my files (pic, aplications, doc..ect) to a dvd, i figuered that you can just drag and drop them into the folder like you do with cds and just "write files to disc". but when i try to drag and drop it'll say "an error has occured" and somththing about not being able to copy.... so i used SONIC and deepburner software i aready have on my computer and burned the files on a DVD+R, then i went to my other computer and it wont even read the disc

so my question is ... is there any way to make a data disc(DVDR) so that it may be compatible with other computers???

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

i my self have not used sonic software but i am sure that you should have a option to make data dvd, also when you copy the apps to the folder make sure that you also get the installer for that app, also if the system you are puting the files on is older thain the system you took the files from like going from xp and going to 98 that could be a problem,