1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I backup my Sony DVDs

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by mikiemike, Mar 24, 2007.

1. mikiemike

mikiemike Member

I have DVD Shrink and Clone DVD2 and cannoy backup my Sony DVDs.

2. FFsp42

FFsp42 Regular member

Here are a few other programs to try, most of which are free:

(1) DVDFabDecrypter (free) Find it here: http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm

(2) RipIt4Me (free and a fav among users) Find it here: http://www.ripit4me.org

(3) AnyDVD (not free, but has 21 day free trial) Find it here: http://www.slysoft.com

Try one of these three. All are updated regularly and should work for Sony's newer encryption. DVD Shrink is a good program, but unfortunately hasn't been updated in years. Also, if you need help, here are a few guides to browse: http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/Guides.htm

also, in particular to RipIt4me, here is a good guide: http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/TheGuides/pacman777guide.pdf

3. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Last edited: Mar 24, 2007
  4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

FFsp42
    Well put. The only thing I'll add is that the Shrink version in the Pacman777 guide supports burning with ImgBurn.

mikiemike
    You've got 2 good transcoders. You need to decide if you want freeware or retail. Ripit4Me and DVDFab Decrypter work with both and are free. On the retail side AnyDVD and Shrink haven't been working well lately and Slysoft suggests using AnyDVD and CloneDVD together. If a rip is needed for use in another program, you use AnyDVD along with CloneDVD to do a rip. Follow FFsp42's info according to what you need.

5. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

"How do i backup my Sony DVD"S...............

well i do it with AnyDvD/CloneDvD2...............
    works everytime for me.................

6. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

well it posted twice??????????

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Nice to know for those with a fat wallet and don't care for their card company's fraud department observing their purchase of illegal software. Slysoft is ringing bells with the card companies for some reason.

8. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

well i didn't know i had a fat wallet................

don't mind paying for something that works..........

as i said tried all the freebies didn't care for
    them, spent my fat wallet on something that works.

i bought these programs several years ago, don't think
    they care how i spend my money......

the credit card company thought someone else was trying
    to use my credit card that's all..................

gday........................

i know these programs work...................

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Seems those card companies have been using whatever excuse. Big Brother has a treasure trove of info on people using illegal software to bypass encryption. Lets hope they change those laws before Brother starts cracking down as in the case of copied music.

88 dollars is still a noticable sum for most people. That's pricie when free software does just as well and in some cases better. I'm not throwing my AnyDVD away, but it doesn't hold the #1 spot it used to.

Different people like their different programs and there's no particular one that is outdistancing the others, out of the top group of decryption software. Using what a person wants is what user preference is all about and I'm all for individual rights, even when the individual gets to pay for them. ;)

10. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

@pacman777................

what is your point????????
    the poster ask a question.......and i answered it?

already heard all about BIG BROTHER....................

11. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

My point is that several different methods work well for doing DVD backups. They've been posted thousands of times on the forum. Freeware that we have now is doing as well or better in some instances than the retail. It boils down to user preference, but I don't see Slysoft as being the leader these days. But then that is my personal take and nothing more. However I do have more experience than a lot of people. I have all the software discussed and know how to use it without getting errors.

MikieMike had already been given the alternatives before you repeated info given by FFsp42. I was more or less supporting what he had to say and offered a bit of additional info. What did you add. The part about Big Brother was half joke and half serious. Slysoft has been slipping and their sales are being monitored. Part of my point was Slysoft is no longer worth the money in my opinion and I'd be leery of paying for it with a credit card if buying it today. So, what is your point?